2018 Reg Seas Game #22 – vs. Mets – Tue 4/24

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #22 – vs. Mets – Tue 4/24

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

the throw by ozuna was almost more worrisome than the misplay on the ball, nice play by wong to limit the damage

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seems almost impossible to get an error in today’s game. Yes, Wong’s later play in the inning was special, but he let Bruce take third in front of him when he should have been able to throw him out taking the extra base. But the Cards still have the lead heading into the third. So there’s that.

P.S. I don’t mean it to sound this way, but one side of me almost hopes that Ozuna’s shoulder is hurt because at least that would explain his defense. I cannot imagine how the guy I am watching this season earned a Gold Glove last season.

NJ315
    Participant

Ozuna’s offense so far is also worrisome.

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

as a positive he does look a bit more disciplined at the plate than he did earlier in april (ozuna). I was never a huge believer that he would repeat last year’s line. But a .270/25-30 hr season with plus defense should be what he can produce..

Speaking of outfielders I dont see how dexter can finish out his contract a starter, maybe even as early as 2020

NJ315
    Participant

Wong is on fire!

NJ315
    Participant

Weaver helps himself! 4-1

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am going to stop growling now. Bottom of the lineup coming through.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Wong good night at the plate. He looks confident lately. Weaver great hit to short right to help his cause. BP warmups have started.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even when Martinez makes an out it is usually loud.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Holy smokes. Weaver lost it. Walk, walk, three run HR past Big Mac land (463 ft.), walk and he is out after 4 2/3 with the score tied at 4-4.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Yeones ties it with a no doubter. Leone coming in. This could end badly.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a good finish to the start by Weaver. Disappointing turn for him the last two times out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Hicks with another lead off walk. Got to be at least 4 so far. Self inflicted wounds are really hurting tonight. Good thing we’re up by one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks got through the 7th and is back out for the 8th. Hope he can skate by the leadoff walk again.

NJ315
    Participant

I don’t get letting Hicks pitch more than one inning.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now first and third with none out. The scoreless streak had to end some time…I was pretty worried that it was gonna be tonight. Appears it’s very likely to be the case.

Edit…the sac fly ties it.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Holland holding his own. One more out then score in the 9th and let’s go home.

NJ315
    Participant

Ozuna with the DP ugh

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Bowman to close out the 10th. Could be trouble. Lead off single…

NJ315
    Participant

Gave up a homer 6-5 Mets

colhusker
    Participant

Free

KaBooman with the gopher ball.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

DeJong is both the guy you want the plate and don’t want. He is all of nothing, unfortunately, it was the nothing tonight in the clutch.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards cough up the lead twice and lose on a solo HR against Bowman in the 10. The 6-5 loss drops the Cards to 13-9 overall and 6-9 against all teams not from Cincinnati.

NJ315
    Participant

Take Bowman away from Matheny

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.