2018 Reg Seas Game #22 – vs. Mets – Tue 4/24

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #22 – vs. Mets – Tue 4/24

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Luke Weaver (2-1, 4.22) vs. LHP Steven Matz (1-1, 4.42) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

Update: Due to the Mets Sunday cancellation, RHP Zack Wheeler (1-1, 2.77) will start instead.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How in the world are the Mets 14-6???

Participant

Paid - Annual

Here’s a first…. Rat not seeking a weather forecast for tomorrow’s game. Hope you’re feeling ok, Rat?? Someone must have finally told Rat where to find The Weather Channel on his tv.

Participant

He doesn’t need the Weather Channel. All he needs is someone in St. Louis to stick their hand out the window and report the result. If it stays dry, we play. If it gets wet… well, you know. 🙂 Mon.am humor.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Its not close to game time yet…….

Hey Pugs? Did you get to the US Open at Erin Hills last year?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Their pitching staff is healthy this year, at least so far. They were decimated with injuries last year. Plus Callaway is probably a breath of fresh air.

Participant

Free

I’m interested to see how Luke Weaver responds in this one.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Their pitching staff is healthy this year, at least so far. They were decimated with injuries last year. Plus Callaway is probably a breath of fresh air.

Yep, pitching is the name of the game. Strong pitching and defense gives a club a chance to win every game. Offense tends to be quieted by good pitching.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would expect a bounce back from Luke this game. He got hit around a bit last start but he’s too good to be down for long. I’m thinking that ERA is back in the 3s after this start.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Did I go to the US Open? Some call me Pugsley “Erin Hills” Addams, Rat.

For me, this series is going to be a pretty fair indicator of what kind of a club we have. After losing 2-3 earlier in NY, if the Mets come in here and handle us again, then it will signal the start of my doubts as to if our Birds are serious contenders. We have to beat quality teams….. Cincinnati is gone…. and they aren’t coming back for a while.

Participant

We won’t see deGrom this time around and we beat Matz earlier in April. We do have to face Syndegard again (Wed. afternoon) and that will be the tough one.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Right, Ny, except Syndergaard is Thursday afternoon. Against Martinez, that would be a repeat of Opening Day.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

At the game tonight, club section 1b side. Team looks good warming up, Luke looks relaxed. Weather is perfect – 65, partly cloudy. Nat’l Anthem was well performed by local high school. Time to rock!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

They were already my favorite MLB broadcast team – Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling.

Participant

Free

Weaver 22 pitch 1st inning, but looks to be settling down. Pham in 2 hole and Molina in 5 hole makes sense. Sure enough Carp draws a lead off walk.

Participant

Pham goes BOOM! 2-0

Participant

Free

Fireworks 1st inning (literally)! That ball got out of here quick.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Oquendo needs to move from helping Martinez on his defense to work on his baserunning.

Also, Weaver has walked the leadoff man in both innings.

Participant

Really bad play by Ozuna 2-1

Participant

Weaver can’t throw strikes

Participant

Wong with a great play.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Ozuna gets handcuffed, the ball gets past him. Then he makes a wimpy throw to Wong as the cutoff. Wong held the ball long enough so the batter could take third and it is scored an RBI triple.

So far, 2017 baserunning and defense tonight.

Participant

Free

Ozuna muffed his play, but no error. Good play Kolten. Agree Weaver having trouble finding the zone. His body language shows frustration. 48 pitches already.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years