2018 Reg Seas Game #18 – at Cubs – Wed 4/18 now Thu 4/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #18 – at Cubs – Wed 4/18 now Thu 4/19

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As the potential tying run, DeJong worked another 3-2 count before taking strike three looking right down the center of the plate. Cubs still on top 8-5 heading into B8th.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With their 8-5 loss, the Cards leave Chicago with a two-game split. St. Louis’ five-game winning streak ends as their overall record falls to 10-8.

Participant

Free

I know, I know, it’s still early days, new team, time to adjust, yadda, yadda, yadda. But I’m still waiting to be impressed by this Ozuna fella.

Participant

Free

Maybe he’ll improve when the weather does. Like several others in the lineup.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Cubs bullpen is beatable. We need to remember that for the next series. Now time to get back to those winning ways.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Did Weaver look very bad today? Didn’t see him pitch today, maybe they arrange him NOT to pitch against the CUbs if possible?

Participant

Free

So who else do you want to work around the Cubs? lol

Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Bowman, but I am getting concerned with over exposure. He had 75 appearances last year and 9 so far this season. I know it is early, but would he be more effective pitching a little less frequently?

Participant

Free

Bowman hadn’t pitched in SIX days. How much rest does he need? The problem with him is the same as it was with McClellan, and the same as it was with Maness. They aren’t very good.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brebbia was getting batters out last year and during ST. Not sure why Matheny didn’t use him when he was still on the team.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bowman’s best use would be something similar to Maness’…getting the double play when absolutely needed and then out. No way should he be out there for multiple innings.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I totally agree. I have never understood Matheny’s fascination with Bowman. I would take Brebbia every time over Bowman.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would rather have both Bowman and brebbia working their roles out of the pen instead of paying 14 million to Holland which will turn out badly IMO.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If Holland starts being a lock down closer, we’ll be glad we have him.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seems rather narrow to assess Holland’s value based on 3 1/3 innings with the Cardinals and disregard his prior seven years. The guy has 186 career saves, including tying for the most in NL last season with 41. Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t a bum. Oh wait, that was Norris, wasn’t it? 😉

Participant

Free

Holland looked much better yesterday. 94 MPH fastball, control of the slider. He was just off with the slider the other day too so I think he’s worked it out at this point.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years