2018 Reg Seas Game #18 – at Cubs – Wed 4/18 now Thu 4/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #18 – at Cubs – Wed 4/18 now Thu 4/19

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

(Formerly Game #19)

1:20 p.m., RHP Luke Weaver (2-0, 2.08) vs. RHP Yu Darvish (0-1, 6.00), FS Midwest/KMOX

Update: With the Cubs cancellations on Sunday and Monday, the Wednesday pitcher will likely be LHP Jon Lester (1-0, 4.40). The Cardinals are staying with Weaver and moving Michael Wacha back to Friday.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bummer…

was really hoping to use this series as a helper to gauge the Cubs and Cards

i think we will be seeing a fair number of double headers this year….that depth of pitching (especially) at AAA may end up really being a bigger weapon with more double headers

Participant

Paid - Annual

It doesn’t sound like today’s cancellation will result in a doubleheader since they are going to play it tomorrow but your point about needed depth later in the year is valid. I like our AAA options better than what Chicago has.

Participant

Paid - Annual

One more mlb cancellation and it sets the record for most washouts in the month of April. I think it’s a pretty safe bet that it will indeed occur….probably by tomorrow. I think this is rainout #5 for the cubs. Pretty sweet seeing all of these twin bills that will be looming for those guys. I think our staff is better suited for handling these stressful situations than the cubbies staff. Should bode well for us. Regardless, the cubs weren’t going to be seeing any playoff action this year anyway.

Participant

The point is being made that the pitching depth we have at AAA will be helpful going forward this season. Its a good thing that the FO didn’t take the advice of some folks to trade away our young arms…. only Alcantara and Gallen.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats the weather like in Chicago for this one? Will it be played? Any snow up that way?

r/Rat

Participant

The weather channel has website…sunny and 38 right now. High of 45 with 0% chance of precipitation of any kind.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good throw might have nailed Bader at 2nd……now he stands at 3rd with 1 out….a scorching liner to left by Fowler that Schwarber luckily nabbed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader scores on the Lester WP with 2 outs! We deserved that considering both Fowler and Carpenter absolutely blistered balls on a line, but saw their batting averages dip. 1-0 Good Guys heading to the bottom of the 1st.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No smaller small ball than to score a run without a hit and without the ball leaving the infield.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Cards announcers saying the Cardinals got a break on the bad throw by Baez, but we got a bad break in that Carpenter’s liner was not just a bit more to the right.

Sheesh, Ozuna swings at two pitches in the dirt, then lets one go that was at low end of the zone, but hittable.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Fowler did not look good at all going after that drive by Baez. But he is a long-strider, so he can look lik he is not at full speed when he actually is moving along quite fast.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I bet that Weaver hasn’t given up 3 consecutive hits since Little League action.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Readily admitting I am unhip. Can anyone explain Lester’s 2018 media day headshot? Cap pushing down the top of his left ear.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Eye piercing gone array, Brian. These kids these days will pierce anything in sight. My neighbors daughter tried to pierce her Bassett Hounds lip… thank God Dad put his foot down.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ear….not eye

Participant

Paid - Annual

3-1 cubs now on a broken bat Almora base knock to right. 1 out here in the bottom of the 2nd. Weaver has uncharacteristically yielded 6 hits already.

Participant

Free

CUbs getting some good hits on weaver today and then broken bat ones never help but runners 1st and 3rd one out 3-1 Scrubs need a DP here…….

Phew thought it was going to be 6-1 there but Bryant’s long drive was knocked down thanks to the wind…4-1

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, hit after hit by Chicago. Weaver not at his best. We need to stop this here before it gets out of hand.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver is in big trouble. The pen may be heavily tested today.

On another dark note, Lester looks like he could throw a no hitter every time he faces the Cardinals. Hope that they can somehow get to him today.

Participant

Free

5-1 Weaver now getting hammered on

Participant

Free

This is starting to have the look of one of those games in Wrigley we’ve seen the last couple years where the Cubs’ bats are too hot for us to keep up. Hopefully that isn’t the case but very glad we got the one Tuesday night

Participant

Will Weaver make it out of the second and if so does he come out for the third?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years