2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

2:20 p.m. Jack Flaherty vs. LHP Mike Montgomery (5-6, 3.99 ERA) FOX Sports Midwest/KMOX

(Note: Flaherty will be held back if the Cards are in the post-season and this game has no implications.)

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does Flaherty start now that we are eliminated? I think he should, since the game is still meaningful the Brewers and the Cubs.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would rather not risk the iniury at all. Give a start to Ponce or someone.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Poncedeleon would be a fine choice. Just don’t do a bullpen game. Maybe Ponce can get thru 5, and have Hudson pitch 2. And go from there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cubs and Brewers come into Sunday tied for first. The Brewers game starts just 10 minutes ahead of the Cards at Cubs.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Dodgers and Rockies may end up tied as well. Rockies down 8-2 in the 7th. No lead safe in Denver though.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yelich with two more dingers tonight. He’s now tied with Carpenter at 36 dongs.

r/Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich for MVP.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Nationals pounding the Rockies 9-2 in the 8th. Looks like Game #162 is going to be quite meaningful for the Rockies, Dodgers, Cubs, and Brewers. But not the Redbirds, shux.

r/Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The scenario could be all four teams playing Monday to determine division champs and then Tuesday/Wednesday the Wild Card games would play. The only sure thing is that the Central Division 2nd place team will host the West division 2nd place team in the Wild Card game.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

What will it hurt throwing Jack 4-5 innings? Our rotation has been built like this.

I would like to see a good lineup out there tomorrow. No reason to fold up when we can give the Cubs a little anxiety. I hope Shildt plans on this. Seeing Pena, Adolis, Sosa and GG will not make me very happy

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree 858. Even though we are eliminated we need to respect the game and take this game seriously. It would be so sweet to prevent the Cubs from winning the division after they have tormented us the last four years. I’d love to see their season end on Tuesday night!

NJ315
    Participant

Is Kelly hurt? What in the world is Pena doing in that lineup?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, since this is a huge game for the cubs, that unquestionably makes this a huge game for us, no matter what the circumstances. Shildt had better pull out all of the stops to gain victory (minus putting a player in reasonable harms way) or I’ll never forgive him. I not only want to see our Cards win this game, but I want to see them totally rout these guys…..something along the lines of 11-3 would do just fine. And when we are battering these bums, THERE SHOULD BE NO CALLING OFF OF THE DOGS WHATSOEVER!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No Ozuna, Yadi, Gyorko, Wong.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

We need to play this game like a game 7.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Swing the bat ONeill.Damn I hate looking at 3rd strikes.Cant do any damage with bat on your shoulder TO.Don`t be too passive.

NJ315
    Participant

Martinez has to go period.

NJ315
    Participant

Get Flaherty out of there.

NJ315
    Participant

Out he goes

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think this Shreve is the answer to anyone on this planet’s prayers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The snubs plate 4 in the 3rd. Come on boys….
    come right back at em! Show some grit and determination!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just one lone Cardinal fan in a sea of blue catches a foul ball down the right field line…..and then tosses it to a little cub fan. Never in a million years would you ever see a cub fan do the same to a young Redbird fan….at Busch, Wrigley or anywhere!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gomber center stage for the Cards here in the cub 4th in a 4-2 Chicago ballgame. Walks Contreras to lead off the frame in ominous style. But then the pitcher, Mills, does us a favor by popping a bunt in the air and into Yadi’s mitt in foul territory.

NJ315
    Participant

They have to beat the Cubs today no options they have to. I don’t care if it takes a different pitcher for each inning just do it!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.