2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On Pham vs. Bader, I looked up their fWAR for the season.

Bader: 3.5 (playing only part of the year – 427 plate appearances)
    Pham: 1.5 (StL) + 2.5 (TB) = 4.0 (total of 570 plate appearances)

For those who value defense and offense, Bader has a rate advantage in 2018, even with Pham’s strong finish.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BikeMike, on the bullpen, what if they keep the status quo from the end of the season – Martinez closing, being set up by Hicks? Seemed to me that Martinez was better focused when he had to be ready every day. I personally believe Hudson should return to starting as I see him as a better long-term rotation option than Gant, Weaver, Poncedeleon, etc. Even if all the other starters are healthy in the spring and he has to return to Memphis to open the season, we have seen the season-opening #6 starter ends up getting plenty of action in St. Louis.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Brian,
    Regarding Hicks and Martinez as the late guys. I am certainly not sold on that idea as both of them walk a lot of hitters. Hicks is young so maybe he can start to throw more strikes. But Martinez has been in the league for six years now and still walks a lot of hitters.

As my old deceased golf buddy used to say….”there’s nothing worse than them sh~t’nass walks…”

r/Rat

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years