2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #162 – at Cubs – Sun 9/30

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone else out there for this 162nd and final affair for 2018???

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter looks settled and locked in at the dish now……should have done this a few weeks ago.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards hitters making this Mills fellow looking like the second coming of Fergie Jenkins…..but haven’t they elevated the status of so many a so-so talented hurler during the course of this season. cubs still have us doubled in the run department as we mozzy along to the cub 5th.

Participant

This is freaking embarrassing. I am done with the 2018 Cards. See you guys next year.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was watching earlier, Pugs. But I haven’t had much interest for several weeks now, to be honest.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, the Cardinal players have about as much spunk in them for this game as Rachel Mitchell did on Thursday in her all important proceedings……6-2 cubs and looking for more. Now Contreras whacks a 2 run homer and I’m now calling for Shildt’s head!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Who could blame either of you two fine gents (NJ & stlcard25)?

Contreras should never have been pitched to in that situation. If I were handing out grades, Shildt would get an A- for his work pre-contract extension….and a D- for his post-contract extension labor.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Fore!! Wisdom golfs himself a leadoff double to commence the Cardinal 6th. Now let’s see if Bader can break out his driver and cut this cub lead in half….let’s stay with the action shall we? Harrison walks on a 3-2 Mills offering low and away and that will result in his skipper having a strong desire to make a change…yep, out he comes.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Enter Carl Edwards with Cardinals straddling 1st & 2nd with 0 outs.

Munoz …wild pitch moves both runners into scoring position. Munoz smokes a solid base hit to center and that will score 2!!……Wisdom and Bader both touch home plate unabated and that will make the score 8-4 Bad Guys. Pena grounds a hot grounder that Baez nicely plays….to 2nd for one and the throw over to Rizzo at 1st will get Pena by 2 country miles for the twin killing. Greg Garcia walks to keep the faint Cardinal hopes of scoring more for this inning a flickering. And now Edwards will hit the showers….new cub reliever forthcoming.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, at least we forced the Cubs to have to play Game #163. That’s better than a sweep.

r/Rat

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And now Arenado passes Carpenter – and Yelich – with his 37th dinger of the year. This past week has made for a sour ending to 2018 for St. Louis.

r/Rat

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Of course its an error on hudson, and not carpenter.

Perfect offseason to sell high on the skillet handed DH.

Participant

Free

This game is a perfect illustration of what’s been wrong with the Cardinals all season.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Welcome to the new version of The Cardinal Way.

Lead MLB in errors for the season.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bases loaded with a chance to get back in the game and we have Francisco Peña hitting. Any lip service about not quitting on the season is simply that.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Why did Shildt leave Pena in there for that at bat? He could have pinch hit for Pena and used Kelly for the rest of the game. Shildt’s really making me think he spent to long on the bench under Matheny.

Participant

He let Pena play the whole game including the honor of making the last out of 2018. If Pena, JMart,Cecil, GGarcia, Fowler, Waino, Norris, Carp, and Gyorko are back in 2019 I will be very angry fan. It is time to clean house like they with the manager and coaching staff. Enough mediocrity for the last 3 years to last a lifetime. Out with the old in with the new. If they don’t revamp the roster whichever way trades or free agents we will see the same for 2019.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

If it is any consolation we are the only team facing a team that today’s results mattered that put up a fight. None of the others even scored and all lost by double figures

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If Pena, JMart,Cecil, GGarcia, Fowler, Waino, Norris, Carp, and Gyorko are back in 2019 I will be very angry fan.

I pretty much agree with this. Keep Norris maybe for a middle reliever. Waino maybe if they feel he can still pitch a little. Get rid of that goof Jose Martinez and his horrendous defense. Get rid of the .240/.250 hitter Carpenter and his horrendous defense. Cecil, duh. GGarcia and Gyorko just don’t give you much. Munoz can also go as his defense is pitiful as well. Fowler, eat his contract if we have to.

With all the young arms we have we need just one free agent signing for a bat and we are good to go in 2019. And nobody better think O’Neill is the answer for a big bat. Jeepers, all he does is strikeout. Over 40% of the time people.

r/Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, at least we forced the Cubs to have to play Game #163. That’s better than a sweep.

The Cards forced the Cubs to play Game 163 by losing? I see it differently. Had the Cards won on Sunday, the Brewers would be division champs and the Cubs forced to play the Wild Card game.

As it is, the Cubs play 163 at home on Monday and worst case, they are the Wild Card, but they could still win the division.

Participant

Exactly the point was to denied the Cubs the division title by winning today.

Participant

Free

NJ315:

Spoiler Alert!!!

2019 will be just like 2018.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another year, another prediction of doom from Natetradamus.

Participant

Free

jj-cf-stl

Of course its an error on hudson, and not carpenter.

Perfect offseason to sell high on the skillet handed DH.

I don’t dislike Carpenter of course, but you are completely right that trading Carpenter and/or Martinez is a must this offseason. Both cannot be on this team.

The obvious addition for us is to pursue Donaldson this offseason. He just seems to fit and should’ve been added at the Waiver wire deadline.

Participant

Free

I don’t understand the love for Donaldson, he hasn’t done anything in the last year…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years