2018 Reg Seas Game #140 – at Nats – Wed 9/5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #140 – at Nats – Wed 9/5

Viewing 13 posts - 126 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t mind seeing Cmart close out games for the rest of the season

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You would like your prototypical closer to have both an attitude and nasty stuff….Carlos has these attributes.

Yep Pugs, always go with the cocky SOB that wouldn’t mind stepping on his grandma’s face to get something he wants.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

regardless of what happens in that other game, we gain either way. After the last 2 vs Cincy,and this series… a day off is much needed

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Carlos is a new man, Euro.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, this off day is big. There have been way too many tight games lately and the bullpen looks spent. Hopefully Norris can get right over the weekend in Detroit and the offense can keep hitting for a few games. Maybe jager can lead the TCN contingent and cheer the Birds to a sweep!!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Carlos may be a closer. We have starters. Well, at least we didn’t walk a lot tonight. Gave up hits. the walk did score. Hudson is erratic.

Good night for Ozuna. Wish he could have had a hit the last at bat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We gain a game on Philadelphia, Atlanta and the Dodgers. Plus we’ll pick one up on either the Brewers or cubs…..and maybe with some good fortune, Colorado as well. After Cincy stung us those last 2 games on our recent homestand, all of the ingredients were on the cooker for a terrible tailspin. But somehow our Birds battled their way through it during this series and avoided a miserable stretch.

PadsFS
    Participant

NJ315

I don’t like Adams other than pinch hitting. Leave Carp at first and play Wisdom.

I know this is retroactively stated, but I was fine with Adams going against a RH pitcher – Not JMart over Wisdom.

Martinez should always start against a LH pitcher. He has a career 170 wRC+ against LH pitchers. Adams has a 58 wRC+ against LH pitchers. Wisdom and O’Neill will get there chance.

PadsFS
    Participant

Brian Walton

Forsch, on Wisdom, I suspect he was pigeonholed after years of high strikeouts and low batting average. Perhaps like Voit he will get a better shot elsewhere

So do you forsee them taking Wisdom off the 40-man this offseason? Doesn’t he have 3 options?

PadsFS
    Participant

We are going to have a much deeper bullpen with Wainwright and Wacha back in some role too. These starters (incl Martinez and Ross) are so much better than some of the other pieces in the BP right now.

Throw in Wainwright (or Gant) and Wacha (or Weaver) and it’s a new day.

Interestingly, just about every member of our bullpen has started in the last year or two – Gant, Poncedeleon, Norris, Hudson, Hicks, Ross, Mayers…Maybe it’s the new moneyball move, ha!

PadsFS
    Participant

jj-cf-stl

The DH strikes again. 4 no plays, two errors.

What does this mean?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pads, I haven’t done my detailed free agent – Rule 5 protect – 40-man roster set of analyses yet, but yes, I see Wisdom as a candidate to lose his 40-man spot in favor of another more highly-ranked prospect. It will depend on how the numbers play out.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to see Wisdom stick on the 40-man roster and drop someone else.I know its a short sample size (most September stats are) but Wisdom has done well in his chances.3 HRs and solid defense .Why not a bench role next season.Adams will likely be gone.Wisdom can be a RH 1B-3B-PH option.I would think hat Pena,Cecil,Bowman,Webb,Greg Garcia,Ross will be gone or considered for trade.Ross,Adams,gone FA

Viewing 13 posts - 126 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years