2018 Reg Seas Game #134 – vs. Bucs – Thu 8/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #134 – vs. Bucs – Thu 8/30

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Another good play by O’Neill

Participant

Free

And inning should be over but Garcia blows….

Participant

Garcia with the error. He was in there for his defense right?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

There’s not one aspect of Garcia’s game that is inspiring. How does he stick year after year?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

3-3, cubs – braves, bottom 5th

Participant

DeJong headed for the Mendoza line!

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Hudson’s 1:1 K/BB ratio isn’t sustainable.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson plays with fire in the 7th. Cmart in with the bases loaded and two out, with Cervelli up.

Participant

Free

Nice job by CMart to get out of that mess.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure why they only had Martinez face the one batter. Seems that the bullpen is being taxed more than necessary tonight.

Participant

Shreve gets into trouble. Hicks bails him out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver finishes it off and that’s another series win!

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Need to take a cold shower after watching Hicks pitch tonight.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs hang on in Dixie and down Atlanta 5-4.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s filthy. If he ever completely harnesses his command, he’ll be an All Star every year going forward. And at his age, he could be a dominant reliever for a dozen years.

Participant

Free

Garcia is hot garbage and shouldn’t even prob be on the team let alone starting….

Welp there’s a chance he may not make the team or is non tendered. Only issue is who’s going to be your primary backup at SS and lefty bat off the bench. Munoz might be better than he’s shown but Garcia is better at SS.

If you get a lefty bat that can play minf with some pop great but those are few and far between then great but if your getting a lefry defensive sub for the minf it likely will still be Garcia like and maybe worse.

Either way I don’t think he should be starting over Munoz. Only reason he could be favored by Shildt is the lefty right matchup and some unease with Munoz glove.

Participant

Free

Pugs, I really enjoy your spirit and zany anecdotes, but I have to call you out on a couple things that have surfaced in this game thread that have me shaking my head and has ever so slightly tarnished the shiny luster you usually exude.

First, did Gant literally take a Toro lawn mower out onto the field and chop up three Pirate batters into tiny bloody bits? IF he did, I’m a little surprised they allowed him to stay in the game and that the deceased Pirates were not faster than your standard ball player pushing a lawn mower, although Gant was used as a pinch runner the other night, so I suppose it is possible. However, I suspect you simply misused the word, please do your part to help those in our society that continually insist upon misusing this word, including my children.

Second, what self respecting Cardinal guru abandons his beloved birds for “Big Brother”?!?!?!?!?!?

That is all I had to say, I look forward to reading your posts in the future, it has been great reading your posts this season, it is always nice to have some humor mixed in with my Cardinals obsession.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel that Munoz can be a good defender. He just rushes things and at times tries to do too much like most rookies. Garcia was much worse when he broke in. I believe that Garcia has stayed on the team because until Munoz came along he was the best backup shortstop and was a decent left handed hitter off the bench. Munoz made two great stops tonight. He is quicker than he looks.

Good game by the Cardinals. A little nervous at times but all of the moves worked out pretty well. Musgrove registered strikes on the first 21 pitches he threw tonight. then they caught up with him.

We haven’t used the bullpen much lately so I am not concerned with 6 pitchers tonight. I think one of the things Shildt does well is use all of his players and keeps them pretty sharp. Tony and Herzog did that well.

Hard to believe that we have the 2nd best record in the league after our dismal first half.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You calling me out is unfortunately right on the money, Wesor1. Indeed, abandoning our Birds for “Big Brother” is an unequivocal Cardinal sin of monumental proportions. I know exactly what you were thinking, but too tactful to say….”Pugs, man-up and remind the wifey who wears the pants in your family!” I try, but can only tell her who’s boss after drinking the only truth serum I know of….10 consecutive shots of Wild Turkey. Tell you what….if anyone wants to know the deepest darkest secrets of their significant other, just have them consume 10 shots of Wild Turkey and you’ll learn every last detail of whatever you want to know. Anyway, you sound like you would be one whale of an addition to our Game Thread crew, Wesor1 !! Hope you can make it for tonight’s thrashing of Cincinnati.

Participant

Paid - Annual

One little thing I noticed about last nights game. Schreve slamming his fist into his glove after he walked the batter. Unlike watching most MLB and PGA players, I like it when they show emotion.

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years