2018 Reg Seas Game #134 – vs. Bucs – Thu 8/30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #134 – vs. Bucs – Thu 8/30

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m. RHP John Gant (5-5, 3.56) vs. RHP Joe Musgrove (5-7, 3.31) FOX Sports Midwest/MLB Network/KMOX

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This was the game I was penciling in as the best chance to lose in this series. Hopefully Gant will pitch well and the offense wakes up to collect another series win!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant outpitched Kluber earlier this year in a Cardinal klubbing of Cleveland. Even with all of the injuries, I like Gant’s chances in the series decisive game vs MusGrove….Birds win it going away 7-3.

Participant

In unrelated news, Donaldson has been placed on waivers. Any interest?

Participant

Paid - Annual

wagee, there have have been several posts regarding the Donaldson situation over on the trades thread.

Participant

Paid - Annual

the lineup we run out there today could be pretty uninspiring…

guessing….:

Bader
    Yadi…though i wonder if he might sit, he seems banged up
    JMart
    DeJong
    Adams
    ONeill
    Wisdom (3b over Munoz or GGarcia)
    Munoz (2b.. over GGarcia)

Definitely has a shot at being our most unexpected lineup possibility if we went back and asked what the lineup would be in ST for right now

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee wins today. 2-1 over the Reds in 11 innings.

And speaking of the Reds, did anybody see the amazing turn of events in the Brewers/Reds game last night? Lorenzen is going to bunt but pulls the bat back because the pitch was up and in. The ball hits his bat, he fouls it off and even the Reds announcers said that’s strike three. But Homeplate umpire Tony Randazzo, and the entire crew, ruled because he pulled the bat back he wasn’t actually trying to bunt so it remained just strike two. On the next pitch Lorenzen hits a three run homer. How Craig Counsell didn’t get tossed I have no idea.

Cubs in Atlanta to make up a rained out game from several weeks ago.

r/Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What secrets does Greg Garcia know that keeps him in the starting lineup?

Participant

I don’t know but it is getting old fast.

Participant

Paid - Annual

He is LH and plays a pretty solid 2B. That is pretty much what he has going for him.

Participant

Ok…but is 9 for 55 in last 30 games.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Munoz is too sore to play today.Plius who really wants to see Carpenter at 2B? Not me.It`s bad enough with Carp at 3B.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just from the eye test Munoz seems pretty sub par defensively to me.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

We’re really missing KoWo.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz is versatile but his glove work is a bit lagging.Maybe with more reps defensively he can improve.With better defense Munoz can be the “swiss army knife” replacing Greg Garcia next season.

Participant

Paid - Annual

2-2 pitch to Bell called a ball….trust me when I say it was right down Broadway! Now Bell walks to extend the inning….bases full of Pirates with 2 outs. Moran strikes out on a high 2-2 heater! No damage done on the scoreboard…..just yet. 31 pitches is not the way Gant wanted his 1st inning to go.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Munoz is the better SS of the two. If Mo upgrades 3B, Jedd as the U.I. and Garcia non-tendered, traded, whatever.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Takes Musgrove only 10 heaves to set the Cards down 1-2-3 in their half of the 1st frame.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t mind Gant being a copycat in this department, as he too duplicates his counterpart’s 10 pitch 1-2-3 inning.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Musgrove once again has his way with our Birds as it’s another 1-2-3 inning. The Pirate hurler is perfect thru 2 frames….and when I say “perfect”, I mean “perfect”, as he has thrown 18 pitches…..and all of them for strikes.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant is getting royally squeezed here!

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Good play by O’Neill to hold marte at 2B

Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone know what Gant is registering on the gun tonight?

Participant

Paid - Annual

First 2 Bucs reach base via singles, but then Gant literally mows thdm down 1-2-3. Scoreless heading to thd bottom of the 3rd.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years