2018 Reg Seas Game #105 – vs. Cubs – Sun 7/29

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #105 – vs. Cubs – Sun 7/29

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:07 p.m. RHP John Gant (3-3, 3.17) vs. RHP Kyle Hendricks (6-8, 3.99) ESPN/KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We couldn’t sweep the Cubs at Busch for a 2nd time this season, now, could we? And if we win today we win the season series.

Contain Rizzo in the leadoff spot and I think we are in business here. If he makes an out to start the game to me that’s a good sign. If he gets on base, that is an ominous sign.

r/Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great to get the first two in this series, but I am starting to see a familiar pattern – Me disagreeing with the way the manager utilizes his pitchers.

With Hudson starting all season at Memphis, and having a stress free 7th yesterday, I would have kept him in there to finish the game. Now had he gotten in trouble somewhere along the line then sure, you make a change. But using what is the familiar modern-day bullpen tactic of 1-inning pitching, with an 8th and 9th inning guy in a game with a four run lead is a needless burning of your bullpen.

Add to that no days off for two weeks, and it was not the best way to play the latter innings in my opinion.

Getting the win is the big thing, but I would have liked to have seen Hudson stretched out a little more, and keep Hicks and Norris from having to warm up and enter a game that was most likely well in hand.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I asked Shildt about that in the post-game and I wrote about it in the article on the home page. Also you can hear his reply in his own words.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tell you how confident I am with Rat’s Rizzo-Game prognostication….if Rizzo opens the game with a hit, I’m immediately bellowing out a 4 letter word and then hitting the sack. If we retire him, I’m giving the wifey a good celebratorial hug and sending her down to the market for another 12-pak. In the 12 years that I have known Rat, I have never seen him miss one of his mortal lock prognostications.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t forget this was Hudson’s first time on a major league mound, ever. There’s value in making sure the kid’s first experience stays a memorable one.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Tell you how confident I am with Rat’s Rizzo-Game prognostication….if Rizzo opens the game with a hit, I’m immediately bellowing out a 4 letter word and then hitting the sack. If we retire him, I’m giving the wifey a good celebratorial hug and sending her down to the market for another 12-pak. In the 12 years that I have known Rat, I have never seen him miss one of his mortal lock prognostications.

Well, my comments about Rizzo to start the game are NOT one of my premonitions that I get once or twice a year. Its just sort of me thinking out loud.

Pugs,
    Feel free though to send the old lady down to the store for a 12-pack. Its all good.

Now its lunch time. Weinersnitzel, Corn OTC, root beer, some soft serve ice cream, and then a cigar while I finish the Reds game.

r/Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now you tell me it’s NOT one of your mortal lock predictions, Rat! Let me put it this way……if you are wrong on your Rizzo prediction, I’ll be eating spam & rice (very cheap rice) for the next 25 years. Just my luck that my bookie even takes bets on the weather….hey you’d love him, Rat!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Predictions for the Game.
    1. Poncedeleon makes an appearance.
    2. Carp and Paul De go deep.
    3. GW. hit comes 7th inn or later.
    4. Cardinals win 5-2
    5. ESPN cameras show Bryant in dugout at least 3×

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Doppler radar as of around 5:00 St. Louis time shows a big pile of green stuff, along with some yellow, in the St. Louis area. But it appears as if it will be out of the St. Louis area well before game time.

Time will tell, of course.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No stated target start time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So much for the reliability of your Doppler radar, Rat. I like 2011SeemsForever’s crack predictions. I’m thinking he nails 4-5….3-5 at the least, which is a pretty fair clip….it’ll get you to Cooperstown. We NEED to get this game in. I don’t consider a 2 game series can be classified as a real sweep, so we need to play this baby.

CardinalBabe1982
    Participant

Free

I need to try this salsa.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mateo’s Gormet Salsa, CardinalBabe1982? It’s the tastiest I’ve encountered, but I can only find it at Costco.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So much for the reliability of your Doppler radar, Rat.

Pugs,
    I hope its only about a 45 minute to an hour rain delay. If its any longer than that I might be too tired to watch an episode of Barnaby Jones later tonight after the game.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

8:25 is tentative start time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We really could be facing a crisis here….. I’ll never look at life quite the same way if Rat misses Barnaby Jones tonight. 8:25p start time….polish these bums off by 11:14pm….puts Barnaby right in Rat’s wheelhouse for going nite-nite before 12:30am.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry for the delay, guys. Obviously they knew that I’d be busy til about 9 and brought the rain in to delay til I could get home to watch the brooms come out.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Settled in now with a cold root beer and ready to see what Gant can do against this lineup!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, he got Rizzo out but Zobrist took him deep to right. 1-0 Scrubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.