Yoshi11

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320483
    Yoshi11
    Participant

    Free

    Even crazier that it’s this close for 3 different guys

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320481
    Yoshi11
    Participant

    Free

    At #2 I have Leo Bernal.

    It was close between a lot of guys here, but the success at the major league level at the catcher position pushed him over the top for me. His defense has always been strong in the minors, and while it wasn’t perfect in St. Louis, I’m hopeful he will be able to become an everyday regular at the position. He seemed to get big hits when we needed him most and should be handed the keys next season behind the plate ahead of Herrera, Crooks, and Pages.

    in reply to: 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread #320152
    Yoshi11
    Participant

    Free

    #1 for me is no surprise, Rainiel Rodriguez.

    I liked his future outlook at Catcher but his bat is rushing him through the system faster than his defense can keep up. The best thing for him may be to slow down his rush through the minors, but the bat is going to be too much to ignore. If Bernal continues to play like the catcher of the future, I think they continue to push Rainiel through the system as a DH/1B who can also catch instead of waiting for him to become an MLB Caliber catcher.

    From the Best of the Rest Group, Jeremy Rivas, Zack Showalter, and Miguel Ugueto are also out of the system and Cesar Prieto is another player who is technically still rookie-eligible I believe despite having now played in the majors in 2025 & 2026.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years