Winter Meetings

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Winter Meetings

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Willie, but DeWitt can now afford more cars and houses than most of the other owners though, so be grateful!!

Participant

Free

Lol Luenow having dinner in the Restaurant at the hotel tonight. I guess he wanted to get out of downtown. Wonder who he’s meeting with?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Money tops sentimental story lines every time…

Participant

Free

You could add Max Scherzer to that list as well.

Participant

Free

Sorry about the previous reply. My chromebook is at end I’m afraid and is acting cray cray.

Luhnow had a ribeye medium rare sub broccoli for mashed potatoes. His wife had the ribeye as well. Don’t know what appetizer they shared. Looked like the seabass ceviche.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Now that Arenado is available, you have to wonder if the Dodgers might shift their focus from Lindor to Arenado. The Dodgers would have Arenado for eight years instead of only two years for Lindor. It’s almost a no brainer.

Participant

Free

They’d almost have to trade a player or two. Turner would have to go back in the deal. It appears they’ve already decided that they’ll need to part with an outfielder.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Like I said before, Arenado’s contract gives him an out in two years. Any team that would expect five more will likely be disappointed – and at a minimum is going to have to pay even more to try to keep him in the later years.

The only way he would NOT take the out would be if his career takes a nosedive, ala Heyward, in which case the new team would have made a big mistake acquiring him in the first place.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry about the previous reply. My chromebook is at end I’m afraid and is acting cray cray.

Luhnow had a ribeye medium rare sub broccoli for mashed potatoes. His wife had the ribeye as well. Don’t know what appetizer they shared. Looked like the seabass ceviche.

Um…what is this about? Peeping Booyah? 😂

Participant

“Our preference is generally shorter and cheaper, and our preference somewhat depends on what we have at the position coming behind,” Girsch said. “If it’s a spot where we feel that we have an opening for the next few years, then it’ll be easier to go longer. If we have a spot where we feel players and options coming, then blocking our guys is counterproductive.”

These words are good to keep in mind. If the team doesn’t feel comfortable that our prospects will be able to fill a position now or in the near future then they may be willing to move some assets (players or $$) to get what they feel that they need for now. Its hard to say what prospects are ready to step up but are blocked. The same goes for the pitching side. Us fans tend to overestimate our prospects… also something to keep in mind.

Participant

Free

MO still asleep.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t say asleep. Just hibernating for now.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Avatargscottar.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An interesting article at The Athletic about something in which we all participate.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years