2021 Cardinals MLB Game 152 thread – Thursday, Sept. 23 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 152 thread – Thursday, Sept. 23 at Brewers

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holy Cow. Now lets run the table. We may never lose again.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

We got a lot of whiny fans. Grow up…we just won 12 in a row.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Right you are, bling. Who needs the stinkin’ wild card? Run the table and watch the Brewers fold, haha.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What if what Bling and Euro just said held true for the reminder of 2021? What if our Redbirds breezed thru these final regular season games unblemished. And then proceeded to sweep the Dodgers, Giants, Brewers(yet once again) and White Sox to take home the trophy? Would you pinch yourself several times in the process to see if you were dreaming? It is possible……and this should be the 2021 battle cry of the St. Louis Cardinals……so simple yet with such meaning concerning the circumstances….”It Is Possible”.

You know, as I was driving home from today’s gem, one permeating thought refused to lessen it’s grip. That being I so wished all of you at The Cardinal Nation were here in Milwaukee for this special 4 game series, to experience this healthy dose of heaven. So even for all of you not living near St. Louis, I urge you to find a way to make your way to St. Louis, if it’s at all humanly possible, so to catch a tangible whiff of this magic.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have 10 games left. We don’t need to win another 10 in a row, we just have to win 1 in a row 10 times.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anybody who has a chance really should go and see a game at American Family Stadium, formerly Miller Park. It is a fabulous place where games are played in comfort regardless of rain, sleet, or snow. The citizens of Wisconsin paid for it with a sales tax.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I turned the game off to head to see family when it was 5-1…talked to my uncle and he said the Cards had won 8-5. Shocking. This team just has it going.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On another sour note……..the Padres down the Giants 7-6 in 10 innings. Dodgers won 7-5 in 10 innings. One game now separates them.

And on a good note…..in the last of the 7th the Nationals lead the Reds 3-0. Two dongs by Joan Soto are the big blows.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

bling is quite a philosopher in addition to all else. So the Cards are in the midst of 12 consecutive 1-game winning streaks. One game at a time, stay focused, respect the game, come to play, and 26 men together can’t lose.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have 10 games left. We don’t need to win another 10 in a row, we just have to win 1 in a row 10 times.

Or 1 in a row 22 times more, which would also be fine.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I refuse to go to an indoor baseball game. For quite a few years I wouldn’t even watch indoor baseball on TV.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

You always think the later events are more impressive because the emotions are so strong. Given that qualifier, this current magic these Cardinals have could be a significant high point in the long history of Cardinal lore.

I know the great ‘42 team went on something like a 37 out of 45 run down the stretch – don’t quite me on the numbers but it was incredible. And some of us recall ‘64 and 2011.

But I am not sure things happened like the 2-run homer from O’Neill to grab a late 3-2 win, or spotting a real good Brewers team 5 early runs against your ace, and still storming back to win.

Early in the season we wondered if Goldy was on the downside of his career. He has done a ‘64 Bill White”, where he went in a tear in the second half. I had this team written off a couple weeks ago. One comment was something like “.500 teams after 130 games don’t just turn in to .750 teams. You are what you are.” I guess these guys were really a .600 team in disguise for 3/4 of the season.

This is some kind of special time. Soak it in, enjoy it, and know how unique it is.

1982 willie
    Participant

I felt that the team was a 90 to 95 win team to start the season so we are still below my expectation. But if you would have asked me around July and August, I would have said 81 was going to be real hard

ZTR
    Participant

Free

12 in a row is a great accomplishment for any team. For this Cardinals team It was about as likely as getting struck by lightning.

Crazy fun times.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Good news……Nationals hold on and down the Reds 3-2 at Riverfront.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

baseball is a crazy beautiful game

This time of year brings out all the stuff that can’t be quantified in players and teams, some good some bad, some momentary brilliance and others harbingers of present and future doom

It’s baseball, the balance of feeling like you know and have all the info to know what will happen with the knowledge that you can’t predict ANYTHING is what makes it exciting from season to season, game to game, at bat to at bat, and pitch to pitch

If you don’t love the excitement of the anxiety it’s probably not the game for you

We can lose the rest of the games this year and it will already be a memorable season

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.