StL Game 14 thread (2nd version): Sat 4/13 at Reds (Mexico)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL Game 14 thread (2nd version): Sat 4/13 at Reds (Mexico)

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

B/7th –

Dietrich HR to right

Waino now the losing pitcher (zero faith in our offense the way they’ve performed tonight)

Brebbia coming in

Tucker B flies out to Fowler in shallow right

Kemp flies out to Ozuna in left

Pereza copies Tucker B

Brebbia: 4 pitches = 3 outs

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by UConn Card UConn Card.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by UConn Card UConn Card.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dietrich deposits one into the right field bullpen and the Reds seize a 2-1 advantage .

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Did we know Goldy was going to strike out so much when we signed him?

You didn’t know? He struck out over 147 times or more the past 4 seasons including 173 last year. Yes it was a slight concern coming in.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 pitches 3 outs for Brebbia to hold the fort down.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Yay – Pugs returns so I can stop!

Pugs is far more entertaining

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well to be fair 858booyah, he was pitching well and if schildt had brought in a reliever and he gave up the homerun, that also would have been noted by someone on the board. but I kinda agree with you. you have to treat wainwright kind of like we did andy benes when he was at his latter stages. he was basically good for 5 innings, anything past that and he was in trouble. I remember in the playoffs against the giants he was awesome through 5, larussa left him in and he didn’t fare well in the 6th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of 3 pitches and 3 outs, I wonder what pitching feat would better symbolize a perfect game….. a pitcher throwing 27 pitches for the entire game, putting away every batter he faced with just one pitch OR a pitcher striking out every one of the 27 batters he faced?

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Things aren’t bouncing the Cards’ way tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re a heck of a lot better looking than I am though, UCONN…..and your pies and cakes are just that….icing on the cake. I think to a man here at The Cardinal Nation, you would be their first choice for PBP.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well Pugsley, it would be far more impressive for him to strike out every batter in my opinion thus better symbolizing a perfect game. the other scenario would require the other team to be full of idiots.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well hey Martinez is making an appearance. but swings at a 2-0 pitch and hits into a double play. you gonna swing 2-0, you should be able to do something productive with the ball.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The 6-4-3 twin killing initiated off the bat of JMart absolutely murders the Cardinals offensive efforts in the 8th…..ouch that hurts!…that’s something Fowler would do..not JMart!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good thoughts about the perfecto, Willie! Yeah the 27 K’s would be more difficult a feat, but boy a 27 pitch perfect game just screams “PERFECTO”!!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Thankfully after Bader ran about 80 feet for the fly and Martinez had run about 20, Martinez was right there to alert Bader as to where the ball was by pointing to it.

Our corners are a joke. Which reminds me, I’m listening to the Reds broadcast on Extra Innings and they couldn’t quit talking about Ozuna’s “play” last series and showed the replay several times.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

We have stranded leadoff triples and doubles in this game. This fascination with Ks has to stop.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m thinking that we really do need to do tomorrow’s game thread in an all Spanish format as a tribute to our gracious hosts for this series south of the border. If I am the only poster who is fluent in Spanish here at The Cardinal Nation, then obviously we will not be able to pull it off. I’m thinking we need 10 fellow posters fluent in the language. Please speak up if you qualify, so we can plan tomorrow’s game thread accordingly. Gracias!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ouch!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well isn’t this a canker sore of an 8th inning to put the finishing touches on this Misery in Mexico first game of the short seties!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well apparently I guys have lost the ability to catch a ball. while it was along way for bader, im old school and believe if you get leather on it, you should field it, same way with oneill which definitely should have been caught. then wong gets in on the act. I did love baders throw though.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

2 difficult plays by Bader and O’Neill but both maybe you could’ve said while a high degree of difficulty could’ve been made. O’Neill might not have needed to dive on that either.

With our inability to take advantage of key situations and a managing blunder in the 7th. We deserve to lose this one.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Too much goof troop tonight — out of step on a lot of things. Hopefully the flow will be better tomorrow.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well Pugsley, im sorry, I took Spanish in school but im not fluent and have no plans to be. plus im not a big fan of these series in other countries so theres that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need a fistfull of hits, walks, errors, hit batsmen, pass balls and wild pitches in this 9th inning if we have any thoughts of sweeping this series……oh let us not forget homers too as Wong goes yard to lead off the Cardinal 9th! Pitching change forthcoming.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since you took Spanish back in school you qualify, Willie! It is my hope you were not flying paper airplanes around the classroom and winking at the pretty senoritas instead of paying attention to your teacher. I think you’ll do just fine speaking Spanish on tomorrow’s game thread. Ok that’s two (Me and Willie)…..only 8 more to go.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can you say rally?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years