StL 2024 Game #57 thread – Friday, May 31 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2024 Game #57 thread – Friday, May 31 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (3-5, 5.64) vs. RHP Aaron Nola (6-2, 3.04)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BS South and Southwest Extra

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

It’s likely we will be back below .500 after this series. Let’s just hope it is only 1 under and not 3.

But heck, the Rockies won 2 of 3 against the Phils last weekend, albeit at home. But if they can win 2 of 3 at Coors, we can win 2 of 3 at Citizens Bank. Just get a decent lead as our late inning pen is a little unsettled lately.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, the Phillies boast the best W/L record in either league, but they’ve cooled off a little so maybe we’ll play them at a good time. In any event, if we play well and compete it’ll be against a pretty good team.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Phillies lead the Giants 6-0 in the 9th at Candlestick Park.

And I too am worried about this series. We could very well lose all three. One win and we head home only one game below .500.

The over/under on runs allowed by Mikolas in this one is 4.5. Which one you taking? I’ve got the over. Hope I am wrong.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we split the remaining 6 games left on this road trip, we finish 5-4, and then host COL & PIT for a 7 game homestand.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The back end of the BP has been a bit touch and go for the last few games, but it looks like the cavalry is on the way to provide some assistance…Gallegos was slated to begin a rehab assignment on Wednesday…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cubs lose to the Brewers by a final of 10-6 to allow the Cardinals to take sole possession of 2nd place in the NLC. Both the Cardinals and Cubs have a .500 W/L record, but the Redbirds are 1 game better in the loss column…I’ll take anything I can get on a technicality…Haha!

AlbertTheMachine
    Participant

Free

.500 and in 2nd place. Who would have thought we would be here a month ago. Hopefully we can keep up the winning ways. The offense looks much better and more along the lines of what I expected.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

And it could get a lot better, Albert. Goldschmidt and Arenado have combined to hit 11 HR’s so far this season. If they ever get underway, they could combine to hit that many in a week. And if they ever simultaneously go on a two or three week rampage, pitchers may be better off seeking a bomb shelter instead of a pitching mound…I think they’re both still capable of 30 taters apiece.

KeepComingBack
    Participant

Free

Yep if the offense continues to score and the pitching stays pretty good we have a pretty fair team to watch. I think they were pretty close to shooting Ollie and a few others out of the saddle when our resurgence started.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cubs lose again to the Brewers by a 6-4 final.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Just when I was out they dragged me back in.

I didn’t think they had it in them to recover from the huge hole they were in but they’ve climbed back to .500 and have a shot. There isn’t a whole lot of good baseball being played in the league so why not the Cardinals being there in the end. I wouldn’t mind being wrong from earlier.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha…Me too, TC! All alone in 2nd place and only .5 games back of the final WC…The little Redbird manager is a veritable whiz-kid!

ZTR
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No he’s not.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!…Well, he thinks he is, ZTR…”I’ll tell you that!”

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Lol, I’m sure he does 1TD.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Now remember folks, this is a Friday game so you know what that means?

CCFF!

As in Cardinals Catfish Fiddlers Friday! I’ll be at the Amish Restaurant north of town out on the lake called Lakeview. And I’ll be consuming a few of them there Catfish Fiddlers. Along with some mashed potatoes/gravy, noodles, dressing, sweet iced tea, and a piece of chocolate cake with white icing. Then afterwards I will sit out on the little patio thing by the lake and enjoy a 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigar.

Unless it rains, of course.

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Philadelphia weather forecast:

Friday – Mostly Sunny
    Saturday – Mostly Sunny
    Sunday – Increasing clouds with a shower in spots late in the afternoon

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That’s good to know, mudville. Lots of rain here in StL. this spring.

Shady
    Participant

Free

Who will be #2 and #5 in the lineup for the Cardinals tonight against the outstanding RHP, Nola?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And by the way……Tyler O’Neill is back on the IL in Boston.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I just saw where Nootbaar is now on the IL with an oblique strain. It’s my understanding those things can last awhile.

BOCfan
    Blocked

Free

Shady…stay tuned. Traditionally lineups are posted numerous places on the interwebs NLT 2 hours prior to game time.

And Oli Marmol doesn’t set the MLB roster.

Hopefully Burly gets off the schneid tonight. Bad week so far.

Shady
    Participant

Free

BOCfan, actually, I was just seeking some opinions. You’re right, Burly needs some of those hard hit balls to find holes or the seats.

Wooster2
    Participant

Nice to have a day off for all Cardinals to enjoy being a 500 ball team. Got a hard row to hoe next 6 games. Win a couple if them and then things lighten up a bit. Nola against Mikolas is gonna be a rough one but you never know with baseball.The game itself tends to equalize things out sometimes. Been seeing some crisp defense lately but also some late scoring by the other guys on passed balls. I think we’re climbing back in it from all the first team injurys incured by our competitors.Wheres Pugs been? Still haven’t seen a Nado copter this year. Go Cardinals!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years