StL 2019 Game 88 thread: Sat 7/6 at Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 88 thread: Sat 7/6 at Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miko clips Dickerson on the foot and that will load up the sacks for SF with one out. Pablo lines a shot to left that O’Neill will corral, but Belt will trot on in with the tying run. Crawdad goes down swinging. Ones are wild….1-1 after one…..and Euro is ONE heck of a great guy!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Rough 1st inning for Mikolas, but he limits the damage to one run. Felt similar to Hudson’s start last night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MadBum is still in this game. Wonder why he grabbed his glove and raced down into the clubhouse in the bottom of the 1st.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

He’s ran into a little bit of bad luck

You have to take the bad with the good when Martinez is in the lineup. I believe a lot MLBers would’ve caught Posey’s hit to RF, and that made the difference in giving up the run. Of course, Martinez’ single was crucial to eventually scoring Edman.

Great, now Bum has a 9-pitch 2nd inning.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs, I figured he was going for some sort of treatment.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Looks like we just dodged disaster in RF. Martinez sure makes catching fly balls look hard, lol.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Have we won a game in the powder blues this year? If not maybe tonight is the night.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bumgarner done after two innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has anyone other than KC ever won a game in the powder blues, Scotty?

Yep, looks like MadBum is el finishedo, Senor Euro……never hurts to spring a little Espanol into the conversation for all of our esteemed posters south of the border.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Have we won a game in the powder blues this year?

If true, that’s just another reason among many to not wear those hideous garments.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#49 “Sudden” Sam Dyson center stage for the Sab Francisians here in the Cardinal 3rd.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I imagine the Giants front office has big plans for Madbum later this month. They aren’t taking any chances.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jose Martinez has “AL DH” written all over him. I love the guy, but I think by month’s end, he needs a change of unis.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep….nice observation, Scotty.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dyson is another trade chip for the Giants to go along with Madbum, Watson, and Smith.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is the only player or fan in red who was sad to see MadBum exit this affair.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Give Mr Everitt an “A” for creativity when it comes to the strike zone.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Today in the trade thread I proposed a nice little trade to send JMart to Seattle.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Danny Mac says we are 1 for 5 in the “victory” blues this year. Let’s make it 2 for 5.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CardsRedsox4ever, I am assuming by your moniker you have an affinity for the team from Boston. What do you think about this grandson of the great Yaz?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Saw that, Scotty. But I would find it very difficult to part with Bader at this point.

You know, of the two, I would rather see Fowler in the lineup vs Carpenter. Dexter is starting to grow on me a bit….which I thought would never happen. Anyone ready to extend his contract out a couple more years…..kidding.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A good 3rd inning for Mikolas.

Pugs and gscottar are wise, JMart belongs in the AL. I appreciate all the hits he has given us, but unless you can use him strictly as a pinch hitter, it’s the best for both in the long run.

I get a kick when Danny Mac says “all he does is hit” and think in response, “you’re damn right . . . that’s all he does.”

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Gscottar – it’s great to see him baseball! And I hear that Yaz the elder doesn’t coach him but only gives him advice when asked. What I’d really like to see is the younger Yaz play left at Fenway under the Green Monster. You mostly hear about Yaz’s HOF offense, but no one knew that wall like he did. Saw him play many times at Fenway in the 60s and 70s.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love Bader’s defense but the kid still hasn’t proven he can hit RH pitching. At this point I think he is a 4th OF.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Bader catches that ball that Fowler lets get by him…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.