StL 2019 Game 86 thread: Thu 7/4 at Mariners

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 86 thread: Thu 7/4 at Mariners

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our bullpen is still pretty darn good. Gallegos, Brebbia, Gant, Miller, and CMart can get the job done.

Mix in some Edman and Munoz and this team is showing a little life. We are only 1 1/2 games out of first in this weird division. Let’s go sweep the last place Giants.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Yes, bullpen is looking pretty good right now. First time I’ve said that in almost four years. Great win today, credit to the entire team, everyone contributed big in some way. Maybe Shildt should spend more time behind the dugout!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to get the win. The bullpen is looking fine still. Andrew Miller has quietly looked like his old self since his poor early start…14.3 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9 since the beginning of May. Cmart seems to thrive as a closer. Gant, Brebbia, and Gallegos have been dominant at times and never really bad. If we had one more excellent lefty I’d feel great about the pen.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Dubois County Bombers and Hoptown squad played historically bad tonight. At last count the radio announcer said the error totals had reached 17. Yep, you read that right, 17 errors committed.

Plus the future Missus Rat failed to materialize. Although there was a hot tall redhead a few rows in front of me.

r/Esteemed Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Status on Gant? IMO that would be a crippling death blow to this team.

I like Ponce in this role in the pen. I think honestly he could really be a good late inning guy. Nothing really screams out a top 3rd starter. Maybe back end but I think he could thrive as 7th-8th or even closer at some point. He has that mentality. We’ve all seen that bulldog in him. I said the same about Gant. Back end stuff and can throw hard but lack a solid 3rd pitch. Could be a really good 1-2 inning guy out of the pen.

Wacha has been better of late but I could see him dealt if this goes south.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha is too risky to start any more. Ponce De Leon deserves a chance. We have a better chance to win with him starting. Thus offense can’t come back from 3-6 runs all the time. And If PDL isn’t the answer, we need to look outside our organization.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It wouldn’t be a reach to start Daniel but they won’t. Wacha is trade bait if he gets his era under 5.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

If Wacha throws well in his next 2 starts, I think he may be traded. If the Cardinals pass up the opportunity to get something good for him (may need to throw in a prospect), they will be making a huge mistake.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Coincidence that Maddon and Shildt were both ejected on the Fourth.

Wacha’s problems are pretty well known across baseball. Who would take the bait?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I suspect something bad is about to happen when forsch and I are in agreement on a topic.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha’s problems are pretty well known across baseball. Who would take the bait?

He’ll sign with the Pirates or Rays this off-season and win 15 games with a 3.20 ERA next season.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.