StL 2019 Game 86 thread: Thu 7/4 at Mariners

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 86 thread: Thu 7/4 at Mariners

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:10 p.m. Michael Wacha (5-4, 5.30) vs. Opener + LHP Tommy Milone (1-2, 2.95) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Finally a game I don’t have to watch on TIVO the next morning. But my BBB (Bacon, Breakfast, Baseball) system works quite well for those West coast games.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

LHP could be good for us but hes got a low ERA so who knows. One more then on to where I left my heart. Great win last night, Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Two observances from last night in regards to the Cubs.

First, it was obvious Kimbrel didn’t have the same “Stuff” that he had in Boston. He might come around but last night wasn’t very good.

Second, on the Cubs Post Game Show the one announcer – not Pena, the bald guy – was really honked at the Cubs. He talked about their players only meeting, Maddon’s meeting, playing smarter as a result of their meetings, and how the loss to Pittsburgh last night was bad. He even used the term “Freaking Pi$$ed” in reference to Maddon on the show.

And now Epstein says there could be some BIG changes coming?

Might there be some internal problems with the Cubs?

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You are correct Rat. The natives are restless in Cubbieland. Hopefully there losing streak will continue and they will have a big purge before the 31st. But realistically it looks like all five teams could win this division so I doubt they sell.

Anyway, Happy 4th to everyone! I’ve got my bratwurst, chips, potato salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and mountain dew so I’m ready for whatever comes our way.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve got my bratcubsrthewurst, chips Caray, potato salad, Gerrit cole slaw, corn on the Ty cob, and Kenesaw mountain dew, so I’m ready.

Sweet Scotty! I think it’s pretty neat seeing what others have for chow on game days. We can thank the Esteemed Rat for this emerging trend at The Cardinal Nation. What we eat tells a lot about a baseball fan. Your’s truly will be nibbling on the herb crusted halibut over a comfy bed of toasted almond rice pilaf, balsamic grilled vegetables, Spring pesto roasted tomatoes and topped off with Chef John’s pumpkin creme brulee…….and depending on what the score is, quite possibly one of Rat’s Palma Real foot long stogies to boot.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Grilled sirloin and potatoes for me. ‘Murica.

I’ll second the hope that the Cubs lose every game the rest of the month and have to close Wrigley because the fans revolt and picket the stadium in anger. Then the Cards suddenly heat up and follow the Blues to another parade in St Louis this October. Well, at least that’s how my dream goes anyway.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Millone is supposed to pitch the second inning and beyond. I am calling it 8-4 Cards. Also, my favorite for dinner, a New York Strip, potato salad and green beans.

P.S. I know I/m braving saying our offense will erupt for 8 runs.

1982 willie
    Participant

well right now we have to survive wachas first inning. limit the damage here

GACard
    Participant

Free

Pitching wacha on the fourth is borderline un-American. Guy doesnt deserve to be starting in MLB but he pitched so well in 2013-2015 you have to keep throwing him out there

1982 willie
    Participant

this is a case where an umpire should be kicked out of a game. the game isn’t about him. I don’t blame shildt for getting heated. no reason for all that yelling from the umpire.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

In Wacha’s defense, he did have an ERA under 3 in June. He also went at least 6 innings in 3 of his 4 starts.

1982 willie
    Participant

wacha is just going to keep giving up these shots. ball right down central.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

the problem I see with wacha is this. he has good stuff but he doesn’t have the kind of stuff to get away with missing his spots. not anymore. once upon the time he did but not now. to me he is still a decent pitcher but hes not a one or a two. hes closer to a 4 or a 5 and you are gonna have a lot of bad games with those guys.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,

I am about to leave for the Dubois County Bombers game tonight. I’ll keep checking the iPhone for the score.

And the Reds down the Brewers 1-0. But the Cubs lead the Pirates 7-3 currently.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, let’s see, I had a slice of onion, a piece of red pepper, a piece of green pepper, a slice of chaurcy cheese and a thin slice of smoked salmon, salt, pepper and herbes de provence baked in a flakey pastry along with a crisp salad and a couple of glasses of Haut Medoc.
    I guess with that I can claim credit for Edman’s two RBI hit in the seventh.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! You’ll live to 102 if you keep eating like that, CardinalinFrance. Lucky you, as you’re be around to see the 2080 Cardinal team…..which is going to totally kick cubbie butt….and anyone else who gets in their way. Every respectable Cardinal fan should have goals. One of my biggies is to be around to see the 2050 Redbird squad.

In Bader, DeJong, Gant, Brebbia, Hudson, Fagalde & Edman, we must totally trust. That is our future! And as far as Mr. Wacha goes, I think he’ll make one heck of a MUM (that’s “mop-up man” to the layman) for this ball club.

Enjoy your Dubois County game, Rat. I think your Bombers are going to get bombed though….. I’m calling this one 9-4 Hoptown Hoppers on the strength of a towering 3 run Cam Hill tater.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CIF, that sounds like a very healthy meal you have there. I was in Paris two years ago and had some of the best bread in my life.

Our boy Edman needs to play everyday, no? Let’s hope the bullpen can lock this one down.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My bad….forgot The Ponster….Daniel is going to be a dandy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed Scotty. Ponce, Gant and Miller have held the M’s scoreless thru 4 2/3’s. We mozy along to the 9th in a 5-4 St. Louis ballgame.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I certainly hope they play Edman regularly the rest of the year. These last few days give reason to hope.

I’m afraid I ruined all that healthy eating by finishing with a dish of B&J chocolate and brownie ice cream.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos tells Timmy Beckham “you’re not in my league, pal…..take a seat”!, as he whiffs Beckham swinging. One down….2 to go.

The BJ chocolate & brownie ice cream is a very nice touch, CardinalinFrance….very very nice.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ballgame! 5-4 Good Guys your glorious final from Seattle. Ponce gets the well deserved “W”.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Rah Cardinals!

It’s 1 a.m. here. I’m headed for the rack.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.