StL 2019 Game 82 thread: Sat 6/29 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 82 thread: Sat 6/29 at Padres

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nighty nite, Black Hills. I’m right on your heels as this one is getting to be a lost cause.

Chris’s phone number? Sure, it’s 555-648-1967.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If I heard Danny Mac correctly Franmil Reyes was exposed to the Rule 5 draft and no one picked him. Lucky break for the Padres.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I take the blame for this loss. I wasnt positive enough.

Participant

Free

This may be in the wrong place but I couldn’t find a thread for Ozuna’s. How long does it take for fractured fingers to heal?

Participant

Free

Pull the plug. This team just isn’t good at all

Participant

Free

This may be in the wrong place but I couldn’t find a thread for Ozuna’s. How long does it take for fractured fingers to heal?

I broke my middle finger when I was 12 years old. I sat out about 2-3 games. Gutted it out for a game or two where my grip wasn’t good on the bat. I wanted to play so I told them I was good to go when I knew I wasn’t 100%. So I’d say 3 weeks but mine was flat out broken. So it was likely a month before I was good to go.

Participant

Free

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ass beating like that in person. A couple years ago they got beat up on late and Carpenter got tossed but that was bad.

You know the other thing I’ve never seen in my 13+ years in San Diego. The Cardinals get swept by the Padres. It seems they’ve either come out on top or figured out a way to get a game but I am not hopefully that is going to happen. You might be looking at a Padres team you wish you had now. I do wonder when the last time the Cardinals were swept in San Diego.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just saw some sobering statements, quoted below, in a Goold article after the game. Sometimes fans have a tendency to think whatever they see regarding their own team to be the extreme, when it’s really not. We have the worst injuries, worst pitching, worst whatever. In the case of the Cards’ offense, it’s evidently true, and not even close.

“The Cardinals’ 87 runs scored in the month are the fewest in the National League, and they are almost 20 fewer than the next-closest club. No other team in the NL Central had scored fewer than 113 runs. The Cardinals .226 average was last in the majors, their .288 on-base percentage in the month last in the NL, and their .364 slugging percentage for June, well, also last in the majors.”

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Jim Edmonds comments after the game we’re pretty sobering too. Danny MAC asked him a couple of times what the team needed to do next to get back on track and he said he didn’t know, didn’t have an answer. Just come on out tomorrow play hard and try for a win was the best he could come up with. That tells me Shildt and MO don’t have a clue either, not that we didn’t know that already.

But I wouldn’t call this season a total loss. Paraphrasing Bogey and Becall, “We’ll always have April.”

Participant

Paid - Annual

The worst thing that could happen right now would be for this club to rattle off a nice little winning streak around the middle of July, giving this team and it’s fans a sense of false hope, thus abandoning a golden opportunity to shed some dead weight and possibly add a little talented youth by July 31st. But……I don’t think we have to worry one bit about this cast of players going off on anything remotely resembling a winning streak.

Participant

Free

My only comment about this trainwreck of an organization is I did’t watch the game. Sad times for all us Cards fans.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not much you can do. As Edmonds said, just go out and play the game. There is enough talent to where this club should be good.

I will stay with my “1964” mantra – several of our players will have better second halved than first, and maybe (hopefully) someone will come out of nowhere and help the club over the last couple of months.

As for the Cardinals in San Diego, I have seen them play two double-headers out there, 10 years apart, and they swept both. One was in 1975 and then in 1985. Those are the only four Cardinal games I have seen in SD, and they are 4-0 for me. Maybe I need to get out there and attend a few more.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years