StL 2019 Game 82 thread: Sat 6/29 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 82 thread: Sat 6/29 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson down on all four begging for trouble here in the 2nd as he loads them up with no outs…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hudson is everywhere except the strike zone in the 2nd inning. Bases loaded and no outs after two freebies, one a HPB and throwing error on Hudson.

Participant

Free

I though we were better fundamentally according to our manager?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Our old pal, Greg Garcia, whiffs on an inside 2-seamer…..2 outs now with Pads occupying 2nd & 3rd in a tie ballgame.

Now an infield hit by Tatis catapults San Diego into a 2-1 advantage.

Participant

Free

Well that was an epic collapse. I was looking at the pen before the Machado homer.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

Getting updates on my phone. I see sd has scored 7 runs in the 2nd. DH must missing the location. I mean what else could it be?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hudson gives this one away early. He’s getting massacred, now 7-1. He needs to be removed before now, still in the 2nd inning. We’ll see what Shildt does, but it doesn’t matter. The only hope is for Edman to have a 5-HR night and possibly somewhere along the way the Ca rds sneak a a few runners on base in front of those HRs.

Shildt’s rant against “the town” is not aging well at all. All that clean has gotten so dirty. How about winning some games and quit worrying about all of those mean things people say about your million dollar professionals that stink it up night after night.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

If not DH then someone in the pen would have given up the slam off of missed location of course.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

We are now the team everyone wants to play when they need a break. 7-1 bottom of the 2nd. Those fans look like they’re having a great time.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson utilizing a heck of a lot of ammo here in the 2nd as he’s now up to 48 pitches for the game and counting….and now Big Hoss bloops a California leaguer into center making it 3-1 Pads. Let’s stay with the action for a bit shall we?

Machado – Oh oh!! Thar she blows! Drilled deep to center and gone ..6-1 Pads.

Reyes – Not again! Hit deep to left-center…..Fowler drifts back and it’ll just eclipse the wall for yet another Padre homer…..and just as fast as you can say “The Cardinal starting pitching is lame”, the Pads have busted this baby wide open….7-1. And Hudson is now being sent down the Hudson to the showers as his night is history.

Enter Daniel Ponce de Leon to restore order and restore order he will!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ponce de Leon last pitched 10 days ago. Got the final out of the second with the score 7-1 Padres.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the look of that lineup tonight. Call it a hunch, but I think that bunch could put up an 8 spot. Hopefully Hudson can keep pitching well.

Gonna have to score 8 now with that disaster. Or maybe my presience was directed at San Diego. Must be nice to score at will on occasion.

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

We’ve scored our run for the game.

Participant

Paid - Annual

All of us have seen enough baseball over the years to know exactly where our team is headed. When was the last time we finished in the basement?

DavidDavid
    Participant

Free

It was 1918, Pugsley

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

When was the last time we finished in the basement?

1990?

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I still have hope Matt Carp will hit a 6-run homer off the bench. Never gonna give up. There’s still time for us to come back.

Participant

Paid - Annual

1918 or 1990…..? Two extremely esteemed posters in Euro and Dave, so I don’t know who to believe??? Can someone breK the tie.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

East Division

Tm W L
    Pittsburgh Pirates 95 67
    New York Mets 91 71
    Montreal Expos 85 77
    Chicago Cubs 77 85
    Philadelphia Phillies 77 85
    St. Louis Cardinals 70 92

Adding that the Cards had the worst record in baseball in 1918. Hopefully that dubious distinction is not at risk this year. That would be an epic collapse.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure is Black Hills! Plenty of baseball to be played in this baby yet.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Stlcard25 breaks the deadlock…..thanks stlcard25! Boy it’ll be 29 years in between cellar finishes. Let’s hope it’ll be another 29 until the next one as I’ll be so old that I won’t give a hoot anyway.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

On the bright side if the Cardinals end up with the worst record we’ll get a high draft pick next year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thinking about that 29 years from now in the year 2048. We should all make a pact to make it until the year 2048. Wonder what Brian’s yearly rates will be then? $455 I predict…
    with a 2% off for all of us old timers.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I guess it depends on what you mean by “the basement.” I just looked it up and to Dave’s credit, in 1918 there were no divisions and the Cards had the worst record in all of baseball, NL and AL.

In 1990, the Braves and the Yanks had worse records than the Cards, but the Cards were in the NL East division basement. I’m sure everybody remembers the geographically challenged Atlanta Braves being in the West Division.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce does look a lot like ex-Birds hurler, Jose Deleon. Does anyone here have the ability to post their pics side-by-side?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years