StL 2019 Game 78 thread: Sun 6/23 vs. Angels

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 78 thread: Sun 6/23 vs. Angels

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

That wasn’t my point at all. My point was instead of downplaying the injury they should have waited until they had a more accurate prognosis. By telling fans that it was not a major concern early on just leads to what folks are saying here. Shildt opened himself up to criticism and bruised his cred along the way.

“Deviously” misleading. C’mon you’re better than that and so am I. Nonsense.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pads, I was wondering that exact thing. If the triceps was the initial symptom and a known thing, Shildt was not misleading in any way. He probably had no other knowledge at that time. They even said on the ESPN broadcast Sunday night that Hicks had not had an MRI on the elbow as of that time.

14NyquisT
    Participant

He probably had no other knowledge at that time.

That’s why Shildt should have said nothing, especially with the team’ history of being wrong concerning injuries.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

So how long should he wait to say anything? Does he need to wait a week so that all possible outcomes of the injury could be known? Are you saying that if the medical staff tells him it was only a triceps strain he should not say that?

If he says nothing, the team is accused of withholding information. If he says something, that is all he knows at that time, and he is wrong, then he should have said nothing. He can’t win no matter what he does. I guess he should be just like LaRussa and be cryptic in his responses and anger the fans in that way.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think anyone is mad at Shildt over this. He was just the front man. Unless he secretly has a medical degree that we don’t know about he was just repeating what he was told. The point is that someone authorized him to give a very optimistic diagnosis based on incomplete information. A more prudent approach would have been to say that “this is what we know right now but we can’t give you a more definite diagnosis until we do further testing.” Instead Shildty (or whoever gave him the info) jumped the gun and issued a rosy outlook very prematurely.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

And what does he say if he is told there was no plans to do any further testing at that time?

Shildt has a responsibility to try to come up with a lineup every day. He operates based on what information he has in front of him. When he is told a diagnosis on an injury, he has to assume he is receiving a full diagnosis.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Really, Forsch? That’s what you’re going with? I seriously don’t understand the fans who continue to defend incompetence. This is why the organization has fallen so far off a cliff because people defend everything the organization does instead of holding them accountable.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And what does he say if he is told there was no plans to do any further testing at that time?

If that were the case then someone up the food chain should be looking for a new medical staff.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

BHC, I think it is ridiculous that fans lambast the team over something so MINOR as telling an initial diagnosis that happens to not be the entire injury. Why do fans even NEED to know what the extent of the injury is within the first couple of days? The team has now revealed more details and it was only 2 days after the injury. So what?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

gscott, maybe the medical staff was waiting to see what he felt like after 24-36 hours. Maybe Hicks downplayed the injury at first. We don’t know what happened behind the scenes. Since the medical staff didn’t release the initial information, we don’t know how things went down.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The team revealed the full injury after downplaying the injury in the first place. It speaks to the incompetence of the organization that this is a theme. That fact this is a theme is the problem. Fans want the truth. They don’t want to be told one thing for it to be something else. I think its ridiculous fans continue to defend this orgnanization’s shortcomings acting like everything is hunky dory.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whether it was medical incompetence or PR incompetence I have been part of organizations where I have seen people get fired for less than this. I am not saying this is Mets level of chicanery but it still looks like amateur hour.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

BHC, the fans were told the truth.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

BHC, the fans were told the truth.

After initially being told it was something else. I don’t understand how it’s so complicated for you to understand?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<He probably had no other knowledge at that time.

That’s why Shildt should have said nothing, especially with the team’ history of being wrong concerning injuries.>

Can you imagine a manager and trainer taking a pitcher out of a ballgame and then saying nothing to the media. He would be roasted and rightfully so. I saw no problem with how it was handled. Tendinitis was the initial diagnosis until the MRI was done and evaluated. Then the UCL problem was announced. As far as the team history of being wrong concerning injuries I do not believe that ‘history.’ They give an initial diagnosis based on the apparent medical indications than update it with results of tests. I really have a problem with people getting their knickers twisted because of something so minor.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So you’re fine with incompetence and this being a trend. I’m not surprised because you never see a problem with where the team is going.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<I seriously don’t understand the fans who continue to defend incompetence. This is why the organization has fallen so far off a cliff because people defend everything the organization does instead of holding them accountable. >

Not really trying to knock you BHC but to some it may appear you are the one is is off the cliff. What possible difference has it made in your life to find out that Hicks is out for a long time because of the MRI results. The problem was given a final diagnosis the same day the MRI was conducted. I think it is about time I leave this thread and head for game 79.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

BHC, there is nothing that is hard for me to understand about what was originally said. What I don’t understand is why fans have to make a mountain out of a molehill. The original release was the truth based on the information AT THAT TIME.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

BHC, there is nothing that is hard for me to understand about what was originally said. What I don’t understand is why fans have to make a mountain out of a molehill. The original release was the truth based on the information AT THAT TIME.

Then someone in the chain of command is incompetent and you’re okay with that.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MM3 I’m tired of your insults. First you told me I should find another team a few weeks ago and now I’m off my rocker? Also save your concern for how my personal life is affected since you seemingly completely ignore the timeline of how the injury was laid out to the media and fans. You should be focused on how uou accept the team’s incompetence.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

So now people are incompetent if they make a guess at an injury before tests are run, and they turn out to be wrong?

Detachment from reality must be fun.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

It doesn’t matter what is said or done. It seems some fans will go out of their way to make the situation a negative one for the team. I have found plenty of fault with this team and have said so. I am not going to try to find fault with everything they do just so I can complain about them.

The way things were laid out make total sense and the team has told the truth but some feel they should have been told every possible outcome from the minute he was hurt.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So now people are incompetent if they make a guess at an injury before tests are run, and they turn out to be wrong?

Detachment from reality must be fun.

A perfect comment for you’re argument. LOL if you’re gonna make a guess about an injury that is definitely what you call incompetence. Your comment is such a self own and you don’t even realize it.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

BHC. I don’t accept the team’s incompetence because I simply do not see incompetence. What I see is one or two fans who are super sensitized to what they see as an affront to their fandom so they go off on a rant about something of which they have no knowledge. I think it best to move on to the next game thread while you continue to stew. I think the word the millenials use now is: CHILL

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’m not sensitive MM3. You’re over the line with your insults. Please stop telling others how to comment.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.