StL 2019 Game 73 thread: Tue 6/18 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 73 thread: Tue 6/18 vs. Marlins

This topic contains 71 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (4-3, 4.28) vs. RHP Jordan Yamamoto (1-0, 0.00) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How’s everyone feeling about this one?

I fear that all Mr Yamamoto has done is to awaken a sleeping giant. I’m calling homers from Marp and Goldy, with Diamond Jack taking out his frustration on a hapless Marlins lineup with 10+ Ks. Cards win, 9-1.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Used to be a pro wrestler by the moniker of Tojo Yamamoto. I keep calling this guy from Miami Tojo. Tojo was good at chopping his opponent. I am afraid this Tojo is going to get chopped down tonight.

Chop Chop boys!

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who has been chopped a few times in his life

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I don’t know about you guys but I’d like to see some more of those bunt doubles.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I’m feeling pretty good about this one stlcard25. I am in total agreement with you about Yamamota waking the sleeping giant. Also the atmosphere will be a little different as pitching in front of under 10 thousand fans at home is a little different than pitching in front of 41 thousand plus on the road. And Flaherty is definitely over due for a big game. I too was going to post long balls from Carp and Goldy but you beat me to it. So I will add that Wong goes deep and Diamond Jack picks up an rbi. I’m calling this one 11-2, Redbirds.

Dave
    Participant

Free

What era was that wrestler from Ratsbuddy? Back in the 80’s and early 90’s, I was an avid watcher of both the wcw and wwf ( now wwe) but I don’t recall him. And yes chopped down, he will, With a some stone cold Cardinal stunners.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of those bunt DB too, Cardinal in France. I think it was you who posted last night that Carp should do that at least once a game and how it keeps the defense on its toes and kind of shy away from the shift or at least not to the extreme which I agree with.

Dave
    Participant

Free

2.5gb going into tonight’s play. I don’t see the Brewers offense being shutdown 2 nights in a row and Woodruff is pitching for them so I don’t see us gaining on them but we can leap frog The Cubs. I know they’re playing the Whitesox but those inner league in state rivals can get very competitive as we know all about from facing the Royals, and it doesn’t matter the record.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What era was that wrestler from Ratsbuddy? Back in the 80’s and early 90’s, I was an avid watcher of both the wcw and wwf ( now wwe) but I don’t recall him

Tojo Yamamoto primarily wrestled in the Memphis/Mid-South, Tennessee, Carolina areas back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. He flip flopped between being a good guy and a bad guy. I think he committed suicide about 25 years or so ago. His real name was Harold Watanabe.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dave, I agree that those instate rival games are tricky but it appears the Cubs are a very different team at home than they are on the road. They are starting a 10 game homestand tonight so it may be difficult to pass them anytime soon.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In a Mad Dog Vachon special, I like our Birds to clip Cy Yamamoto and his upstart Marlins squad by the tenuous score of 4-3. “Yammy” is a gamer and don’t think for a minute that our boys are going to royally pelt this young hurler. I had a dream just a few days ago that we traded Alex Reyes and Carp to Miami for this Yamamoto kid…..boy was I upset when I woke up to realize that it was just a dream.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar doesn’t show any green stuff in the St. Louis area so this one will probably get in. Now over in the Cincinnati area, that’s a different story. They might possibly have another delay tonight against the Astros.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who took Whitey Herdog to the Vet today

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Worms, Rat?

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well things are going better lately. we are beating the teams we should. hopefully we keep it up. I think im gonna actually get to watch this one.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well maybe not its not on my fox sports Midwest or the alternate channel so maybe I wont get to watch it.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Nope Pugs, just a routine yearly visit. Claws trimmed, a couple of shots, and some chewables to take home for worms and fleas.

And yep, its raining in Cincinnati. Reds and Astros are delayed.

Man I tell you, all this rain through the Midwest this year really sucks. Them poor farmers.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m surprised Waino isn’t going in the Angels series. Would have been interesting to see him face Albert.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

With Wacha starting Friday I appreciate how the Cardinals are in a win now mode. 😉 I’m sure all of those fans who bought tickets are definitely glad they’re gonna get to see Albert and Co. launch rockets off Wacha. Cardinals sure are bringing out the welcome mat.

Dave
    Participant

Free

3 K’s around and infield it. It’s our turn now

Dave
    Participant

Free

Should be little surprise about what Yamamota is bringing so why not be aggressive with the first pitch.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I need to proof read my post before sending them.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Maybe a little hit and run here

Dave
    Participant

Free

Not a good start for the offense but I do like the aggressive base running.

Dave
    Participant

Free

JF looks sharp but I worry about that pitch count. I’d like to see a quick inning of single digit pitches.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Nice play by Cooper to end the 2nd. Once again Yamamota is dominating but it’s still early

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years