StL 2019 Game 71 thread: Sun 6/16 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 71 thread: Sun 6/16 at Mets

This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win today, guys. Way to bring it home. Now let’s start seeing some momentum build. That team that played so well in April is still in there somewhere.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I agree stlcard25…that team from April is out there and slowly coming back to us. I have no idea who that team in May was? And I have no idea who #13 is right now. I guess the salsa isn’t working this year, perhaps some guacamole or French onion dip will do the trick.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader, Brebbia, Gant, Hudson and Ponce de Leon. This is the core of the nest egg. These guys are what you build a championship team around. I’m not saying that they are or are not the most talented players on the team, but they are the building blocks to a championship team.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson’s command was way off early and he looked to be throwing batting practice pitches; little or no movement. But he got it together and gave us six solid innings. He may be the best starter we have now.

Good to see DeJong back in stride.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader, Brebbia, Gant, Hudson and Ponce de Leon. This is the core of the nest egg. These guys are what you build a championship team around. I’m not saying that they are or are not the most talented players on the team, but they are the building blocks to a championship team.

I totally agree Pugs. We need to start building around our younger guys who are performing instead of throwing millions at our well over 30 crowd who were the stars of yesteryear.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years