StL 2019 Game 71 thread: Sun 6/16 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 71 thread: Sun 6/16 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Met killer Paul DeJong gives the Cards the lead with a solo homer in the eighth.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure is, Brian……and just like that the Cards start flexing their mucsles vs Chris Flexen as DeJong DePosits a long one into the left field rafters…..4-3 Good Guys! That was the key to this game…..getting Wilmer Font the heck out of this game!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tell you what…..there is only one thing that the Cardinals could do to even remotely make me contemplate abandoning them as my team…..and that would be trading Harrison Joseph Bader. For years, when you heard the first name “Harrison”, what was the very next thing you thought of? Indeed….”Ford”. Well, at least in baseball circles, “Ford” has all but gone extinct, thanks to one, Harrison Bader.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez sets the Mets down in one nice neat 1-2-3 little chorus line. 4-3 Cards heading towards the 9th in the Big Apple.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s pound this new Met hurler! Brooks Pounders taking the rosin for the Mets here in the 9th

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nice job, Pugs. Persistence pays off.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I haven’t checked the numbers, but it seems like Bader takes more pitches these days.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi with a rare St. Louis base hit with 1 out here in the 9th. Cardinal base hits these days are getting about as rare as seeing a Dodo bird in flight. Cards only muster the one lone hit and we head to the bottom of the 9th with Carlos looking to close things out on a Cardinal victory .

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Euro! Yeah I really had to hang in there today with nobody else posting for most of the game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Way to hang, Pugs. CMart and I have arrived to help you close this one out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh…..Frazier with the king of all wounded duck base hits just barely eluding Goldy’s outstretched glove with 1 out in the 9th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Euro and Carlos were indeed just what the doctor ordered for a Cardinal victory as the Birds close things out with a twin killing! They out hit us 10-3 and out errored us 2-0, but we got them good in the most important of all categories….that being the runs one…4-3 Birds your happy final.

David
    Participant

Free

Not pretty but a win is a win.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure is, Dave. I think the Cardinals can point to 5 things that enabled them to somehow someway prevail here today:

1. Dakota Hudson bulldogging his way thru this game.

2. Paul DeJong’s huge homer.

3. Getting Wilmer Font out of the game.

4. Getting Carlos Martinez in this game.

5. Getting Euro finally posting in this game….and doing so with fine precision.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Who says you need an offense to win?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I agree with Dave. Something has to be done with Carpenter. He is utterly useless anymore. Sounds like its time for Munoz to play about everyday.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who is not going to the Dubois County Bombers game tonight because its been rained out. The soon-to-be-Missus will have to wait some more.

David
    Participant

Free

Excellent observation, Pugsley. The top 4 were key, but without #5, this win may have not been possible. Thank you Euro.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have a chance to get some momentum going by continuing to take advantage of the soft portion of our schedule with this upcoming home stand. We have four against the awful Marlins, three against the pedestrian Angels, and two against the mediocre A’s. A 7-2 homestand would be nice.

We then play at the mediocre Padres, last place Mariners, and last place Giants to close out play before the all star break. We have a real opportunity here to get in a better position before we start playing tougher teams again. Let’s not blow it!

David
    Participant

Free

Now let’s carry this momentum over as we start the up coming home stand.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards split the road trip, which is a definite take after losing the first three at Wrigley. Winning a couple 1-run games in NY was also nice. Winning 7 games in the upcoming home stand would be nice too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, of the 5 it’s a total toss-up between #3 And #5 on who receives the game ball. So there’s only one way of settling things…..the better looking person gets the game ball. I’ve never seen Euro, but I did see Wilmer today and hence there is no way that Euro could lose there…..game ball to Euro!

Too bad Dubois County got washed away today, Rat. She’ll be there waiting for you for their very next Bombers game….as long as you don’t forget to bring the snow cones .

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs and Dave, I do what I can. 🙂

David
    Participant

Free

Good point gscottar. We also need to play loose.

David
    Participant

Free

Go figure the beauty of baseball…last Sunday- we have 9 hits, today- 3 hits. If someone didn’t know the score and were asked to match the runs (1 & 3) with the hits, I’m sure there would be some wrong guesses.

David
    Participant

Free

Runs 1 & 4

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.