StL 2019 Game 68 thread: Thu 6/13 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 68 thread: Thu 6/13 at Mets

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (4-3, 4.08) vs. RHP Jacob deGrom (3-6, 3.45) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Dave
    Participant

Free

I expect Jack to be back on track after last start and I can see a pitchers duel thru 6 or 7 with one of the managers ruining it by pulling his starter. Nothing like Gooden and Tudor of 85 where each starter went 9 in an epic 1-0, cardinal victory. Anyhow, a 3 run blast late gives the Redbirds a 4-1 victory.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Going to be tough to win 3 of 4 in this series having to face both DeGrom and Syndergaard. As Danny Mac mentioned last night thought his might just be what finally gets Paul DeJong back on track as he usually hits the Mets really well.

I’ll be tuned in tonight unless I go to the Dubois County Bombers Ohio Valley League game. I’ll be checking the score if I do go. And the Cubs are at the Dodgers tonight so I might catch that one late when I get home with my Double Whopper from Burger King.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if there is a chance Junior Fernandez could be added if Helsley is out for a while? Assuming Cabrera might be sent back to start at Memphis. I know Junior doesn’t have AAA experience, but that hasn’t stopped them from pulling a AA pitcher directly to the bigs. Junior has pitched very well lately, and like Knizner and Edman would need to be added prior to this years Rule 5 draft any way.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ve decided to stay home, light up a Palma Real, and watch the Cards/Mets and then the Cubs/Dodgers. Not going to the Dubois County Bombers game tonight. Its actually too cool. Highs only upper 60s here in SW Indiana today and its windy. I figure by game time or by the 4th or 5th inning it might be even cooler. Who knows, it might even snow. I’ll catch one of their games in the next week or two. Hopefully in my new 2019 BMW 540i.

I’m calling this one 6-1 Mets tonight with Alonso’s dong the big highlight for the Mets.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m refusing to predict any scores until I get a grasp on why my prognostications have been so hideous of late. At the risk of leaving the scent of braggadocia, my 9 year documented 82% success rate has been taking a hit….just a miserable May and June!

Passing on a Dubois County Bombers game because it’s too chilly, Esteemed Rat! Please toughen up and attend that game tonight, Rat. I have a strong feeling that if you sit behind the visitors dugout, and arrive to your seat toting a snow cone, cotton candy and huge bag of in the shell roasted peanuts, the future Mrs. Esteemed RatsBuddy will come to meet you. GO TO THAT GAME, RAT!!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now that’s what Carp needs to do…just hit it where they ain’t! 1-0 Cards

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Gopherball Flaherty gets the first two outs and then gives up a single and a home run to cough up the lead. 2-1 Mets

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong bomb!! He ties it at 2 with his 11th homer. That’s 7 home runs and 10 doubles in 16 career games against the Mets. Solid.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty can’t hold the lead as he gives up a double and a single. Bader bobbled the pickup or he might have had a shot at Alonso.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty needs pulled here.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Wheels come off for flaherty in the fifth. He doesn’t like keeping the lead

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, Gallegos allowed a sac fly, but Bader made a nice play and they threw out the Met runner for a double play. 4-2 Mets.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos is becoming one of the more reliable options out of the pen. A nice inning there for Giovanny.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Cards remind me of the old Clara Peller commercial on TV. She was the elderly lady that always said “WHERE’S THE BEEF?

So, Cardinals….WHERE’S THE OFFENSE?????

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who did not attend the Bombers game tonight Pugs. The future Missus will have to be found at a later date

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

She’s there, Rat…..”bring them and she’ll come. How about our Birds show a little gumption and come back. When was the last time they came from behind in a thrilling fashion? 2016?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t look now, but after a bad start, Andrew Miller has arguably been the best reliever on the staff since the nightmare offense started. 11 IP, 2 ER and 17 Ks since May 1.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, they were bringing out the tarp, but apparently decided not to. Everyone is probably anxious to move on from this dud.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, Wong drives in Ozuna with a long drive off the LF wall. Up to Bader now.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Bader drives in Wong with a double into the left field corner. Lol

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now the tarps really are coming out. It worked a little in the Cards favor in the top of the 9th as they were able to tie it up. Thankfully Bader wasn’t hurt on that fall.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

THERE’s THE OFFENSE!

Schwarber hits the first pitch of the game from Kershaw over the CF wall. Then the Cubs plate another run. Its 2-0 after one in LA.

r/Esteemed Rat

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years