StL 2019 Game 68 thread: Thu 6/13 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 68 thread: Thu 6/13 at Mets

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Minuteman3
    Participant

It becomes ridiculous when the home team pushes to continue a game with rain pouring down because they think they have a win in the bag but then they discover that during the time the field is being ‘treated’ it also degrades to a minor swimming pool made only worse by dumping bags of diamond dry into pools of water. Kellogg should be suspended as an umpire and the Mets got what they deserved – tied instead of winning. The grounds crew really became the clown crew because of all the poor communication they were being given. A bad display of umpire discretion caused by hometown favoritism. Good job Cards and especially Kolten and Harry’s Son.

Minuteman3
    Participant

<Well, Gallegos allowed a sac fly, but Bader made a nice play and they threw out the Met runner for a double play. 4-2 Mets.>

Great play all around but how Kolten Wong ever got to 3B to take that toss from Carpenter was amazing but not given much notice.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mm- I agree with your opinion of the umpire and that inept ground crew. The tarp was rolled up wrong and the cover wouldn’t fit over it. They’re a bunch of clowns. Its a nice day in metro NYC so the games should be played in better conditions.

It was great to see the Cards somehow score two to get us at least to the bottom of the ninth. Bader is becoming more and more valuable both ways. Fowler or Gonzalez to the bench… both are having some woes right now. Gotta go with Bader at Citibank.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Gonzalez? You must mean Martinez and I agree that they should only platoon. Fowler does ok in CF but Bader is outstanding at that position.

Dave
    Participant

Free

For the time being I’d flip flop Bader and Carp in the line up against LHP, or just put Munoz in there against LHP. If not that, then I think Munoz should at least be in there in the late innings for defense purpose. Carps arm worries me. The routine out, he’s fine but there may come a time where range and arm strength will play a big part.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Everything about Carp worries me. His offense, his defense, and the $39M we owe him after this year. Yikes.

Dave
    Participant

Free

And the 2 inning, nearly 20 hour comeback is complete. Good job boys now Let’s do it again.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

We keep seeing Bader and Wong in game-winning situations.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards win this one 5-4 in 10 innings. Bloop single by Munoz, a steal of 2nd, groundout by Carpenter, and a single by DeJong gave the Cards the lead. RosenHicks got three groundballs in the last of the 10th to secure the win.

After his first pitch was a ball I was yelling at the TV…..”GET HIM OUTTA THERE RIGHT NOW!!!”

r/Esteemed Rat

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years