StL 2019 Game 66 thread: Tue 6/11 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 66 thread: Tue 6/11 at Marlins

This topic contains 47 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (4-3, 3.94) vs. TBA Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What are the odds of only getting four hits in this one like we did last night?

I am calling this one 7-2 Redbirds with the bats coming alive for double-digit hits.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who watched Joe Kelly pitch for the Dodgers last night in Anaheim and was amazed at how bad he is nowadays

Dave
    Participant

Free

I like your call Ratsbuddy. It works for me.
    I didn’t see Kelly last night. I know he’s had his struggles this year. I think last years World Series dominance was just a fluke. He can be great at times but overall he’s an avg pitcher. He was for us

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No way TBA can slow down this Cards offense now. I’ll take it a step further than Rats, even…11-3 Cards win.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I will throw in my 2 cents and say it will be 8-1, Cardinals win. I’ll even add that Hudson gets a hit, and DeJong and Goldy both homer, perhaps back to back.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jimmy the Greek would have been proud of Dave, stlcard25 and The Esteemed One for these predictions……well done, gentlemen! I’m calling this one 4-2 Fish as the Redbird hitting woos unfortunately continue on. Hope I’m totally wrong! As a quick aside, just curious if anyone here has ever had any experiences with a muse? My best buddy from Cleveland swears by the one he employed for 5 months last fall. He owns a rather large Metal Heat Treating factory in downtown Cleveland and he said not only his business improved with this young lady’s assistance, but also his life in general has greatly been enhanced. She presently is working down in Texas, by expects to be available sometime this winter……if she accepts MY offer……which floors me! My friend told me not to worry, as his referral alone should secure her services. Surprisingly, my wife is not adverse to the prospect of securing her services and is very anxious to inspect her dossier. Just curious, gang.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Yadier Molina activated and Knizner optioned to Memphis. This guy on twitter called it yesterday:

Dave
    Participant

Free

It will be good to have Yadi back in the line up. Perhaps it’s the spark we need

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I stated after the game last night Munoz needs to play more. This is a good sign.

CARDINALS’ LINEUP:

1. Yairo Munoz 3b

2. Paul DeJong ss

3. Paul Goldschmidt 1b

4. Marcell Ozuna lf

5. Yadier Molina c

6. Kolten Wong 2b

7. Dexter Fowler rf

8. Harrison Bader cf

9. Dakota Hudson p

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, Fowler needs to play less….

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Really been waiting for Dexter to get with it. After last year wondered if he would still be with the team this year. His defense is good but how long can they carry a guy that doesn’t produce at the plate. Last night in late innings swinging three times in a row at the same pitch below his knees. Only swing at the strikes

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Really like the line up tonight, Putting Munoz at third puts a bat that got hits last night in the field. Carps dead bat is gonna end up puttin him on the bench. If they don’t hit, let em sit. They’re pitchin Carp inside corner consistently and if he doesn’t adjust to it they won’t stop. All sports exploit an opponents weakness

Dave
    Participant

Free

I posted yesterday before the game I was not happy with the lineup, and although it produced just 4 hits, it did produce 4 runs in route to a Cardinals victory so my opinion about this lineup will be revealed after tonight’s game for all of you that are waiting on the edge of your lazy boy. Go Cardinals, let’s get them bats going and and just win.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Paul Dejong May 22nd to June 9th

55 AB’s 2 HR 3 RBI .109, .234, .218

It started well before the flop in the lineup. That is why when we had a thread about the hot start he had I said it was nice and I hope he can keep it up.

Dave
    Participant

Free

The numbers say it all 858.

Dave
    Participant

Free

Base hit here would be big.

Dave
    Participant

Free

3 runs via 2 errors and a walk.

Dave
    Participant

Free

I don’t like when Schildt Pulls his starters early but in that case I think it may have been a good decision to

Dave
    Participant

Free

I think if it were the 7th, he would have pinch hit for Hudson

Dave
    Participant

Free

Those last 2 plays by Munoz, I’m not sure if Carp makes

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Everybody is pitching DeJong up in the zone and he keeps hitting little pop flies. The book is out there on him so he needs to adjust.

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~who correctly predicted the double-digit hit parade tonight. And who is also still waiting for his new 2019 BMW 540i to arrive.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Who would have guessed Hudson would be the guy you feel most comfortable giving the ball to in mid june

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I listened to the 7th and 8th on the radio on the way home. Just turned it on now. If Brebbia locks it down here it would be a solid win.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brebbia does indeed lock it down with two Ks and a flyout…7-1 Cards. Looks like Rats and Dave split the difference.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would have guessed Hudson would be the guy you feel most comfortable giving the ball to in mid june

For real. Starter ERA since May 1:

Hudson 2.40
    Mikolas 3.89
    Flaherty 4.10
    Waino 5.03
    Wacha 6.37
    Cabrera 6.48

He’d also pitched 2-1/3 more innings than anyone else in that span coming into tonight, which will probably only widen as they all take their next turns through the rotation.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years