StL 2019 Game 56 thread: Fri 5/31 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 56 thread: Fri 5/31 vs. Cubs

This topic contains 114 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar RememberDiz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Mikolas with some mistakes in the second. Let’s “Carrot-topie” off the hook after having him down 0 and 2. Then he floats one to Darvish who hits it to Ozuna, whose weak arm won’t gun down too many runners.

In between Almora did a great job moving the runner over. One of those little things good teams do.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Darvish looking better than he has for most of his time as a Cub. Still a lot of chances to start batting around though.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Mikolas- Miko can be a bit dangerous while toting around a Louisville slugger. Tell you what….that Brandon Woodruff of Milwaukee may be the best hitting hurler I have ever seen….guy can stroke it!
    Hits it on the ground right in the direction of Baez at short, Junior gloves it and fires it on over to Rizzo for the out.

Carp – Whiffs flailing at a low one….and here we go again. Yu vying to become yet another opposing pitcher who the Cards batters transform into a CY candidate. Makes no difference….young….old….inexperienced…..coming off a major injury….unhappy pitching for your present team……the Cardinal hitters will remedy all that ails you and will make you look like a million bucks.

DeJong – Strikes out.

Cards 1
    cubs 1

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatar PugsleyAddams.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatar PugsleyAddams.
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4.

Goldy – Spanks a base hit to left and there goes the “Whirling” Darvish no-no!

Marcell – Strikes out swinging.

Wieters – What if Wieters absolutely destroys the ball in Yadi’s absence? Obviously, Yadi isn’t going any place. Can Wieters play the outfield? If not, can Goldy play left? Certainly Wieters can play 1st….I think anyone not named Jose Martinez can play 1st base. Grounds it right at Rizzo who was holding Goldy on 1st….whips it down to Baez hovering over 2nd for one and the return throw to Rizzo at 1st will result in an inning ending double play.

Cards 1
    cubs 1

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quite the barn burner so far tonight. May end up a 1 run game. Can the Cards finally win one this month??

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

….and get 2 in a row to end the month?

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Mikolas looking sharper….

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

The Redbirds can’t get out of their own way. Dexter gets tagged out overrunning 2nd base. Zero focus and attention to detail in this franchise.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Really like Wong utilizing his speed more using the bunt, and running more.

Dex should have slid there. Course you can slide past the base as well. Another little thing that can cost you ball games.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…and Mikolas cannot execute. But Carp will strike out anyway so it probably wont matter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5 and we have had nothing to crow about yet. Earth to St. Louis….Earth to St. Louis….this Yu Darvish fellow is very hittable….very very hittable.

Dexter – Coaxed a walk….sweet start! If we can’t hit em, we’ll walk around the bases to victory.

Wong – Lays down a bunt towards Rizzo at 1st…gloves it and fires it to 2nd….safe! No, out! No he beat it by a mile….I guess Dexter took his foot off the base and that’s a shame on a couple of counts….for the Cardinals of course , but also Wong gets ripped out of a base hit that he so richly deserved with that great bunt.

Bader – Wong swipes 2nd. Now Bader gets plunked….maybe we’ll walk, wild pitch and plunk our way to victory this evening??

Mikolas – Strikes out on a bunt that veered foul. 2 outs with runners at 1st & 2nd.

Carpenter – Whacked 8 dingers vs the cubbies last year….let’s get a glimpse of another one right here and now! Caught gazing for strike 3!

Cards 1
    cubs 1

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Swing the bat! That is why this team is so soft. 2 strikes and its close you have to swing the bat and attack. So soft.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Why is Danny Mac talking about sending a pitch into Bryant’s ribs? What the heck?! Cut that crap out. Just makes me hate the entire FSMW broadcast even more.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My wifey, who even knows less about this great game than your’s truly, said “it sure looked like your Cardinal took his foot off 2nd base on purpose”, after Fowler’s base running blunder. Makes you think……naw….no way!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wieters with a gun! Baez was out by not one, but two country miles on that stolen base attempt. Yadi…Yadier who?

Dave
    Participant

Free

I have a feeling with this game, we will on a walk off or a wacky play to finish off this dismissal month and We will finish strong heading into the all star break

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, I say “no way” as well Pugsy. He just got a tad off balance. One of those things.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And that will do it for my PBP for the night. I think I’ll just kick back and watch the rest of this with you all. On a scale of 1-10, anyone care to give me a PBP grade after my 2 week abstentia?

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow – that was a pitch Goldschmidt should have crushed. I am a bit concerned about him, although still think the numbers will be there by September.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree, BicycleMike, but my wife is convinced that there was something screwey in Denmark on that play.

Dave
    Participant

Free

This game is typical of how we have played may. I still say it will end on a positive note. I’m thinking Bader will come up big

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And that will do it for my PBP for the night. I think I’ll just kick back and watch the rest of this with you all. On a scale of 1-10, anyone care to give me a PBP grade after my 2 week abstentia?

9. Better than the FSMW crew, I’d say. Only a tiny touch of rust to knock off but you were back in full swing by the 3rd or 4th inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader with the game winner….we are going to hold you to that, Dave. By the way I love your name…..just “Dave”….sweet!

Dave
    Participant

Free

MM has pitched well

Dave
    Participant

Free

Figured I go simple with the name, Pugsley

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years