StL 2019 Game 45 thread: Fri 5/17 at Rangers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 45 thread: Fri 5/17 at Rangers

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by EuroWolf EuroWolf 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:05 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (4-3, 3.83) vs. LHP Drew Smyly (0-3, 6.85) Fox Sports Midwest // KMOX

Updated: The starter is now RHP José Leclerc (1-1, 6.32), with Smyly going on Sunday.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Considering there is a lefty on the mound and the DH is in play we had better see a different looking lineup tonight than Shildt’s standard lineup that scores 20 one night then 5 the rest of the week combined.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I am kinda anxious to see tonight’s lineup.

I got my mowing done, got the pushmower out and done some trimming. Then I lit up a cigar and had a Mt. Dew and took Whitey Herdog outside to let her run around the yard for awhile while I sat on the porch. About to hit the shower and get ready for the game(s) tonight. Reds and Dodgers or Cubs and Nats early then over to FSMW for the Cards and Rangers. And then later tonight an episode of Barnaby Jones. A bite to eat and a couple of cigars through the evening’s festivities as well.

What a life. I am even contemplating keeping my Alfa Romeo 4C now as well. Not sure I will get a new 4-Series BMW now or wait till later in the year.

r/Esteemed Rat

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Finally some good news.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve never been so happy to see Carlos come back. This is arguably the most talented pitching staff our Birds have had during the Carlos Martinez era. Unfortunately, it is also arguably the most frustrating group. This club needs a major shot in the arm from one of it’s youngsters. Whether it be a pitcher or position player, we need that young phenom to burst upon the big stage and make one whale of a big splash.

Hey Esteemed Rat. Time to put your Alfa out to pasture with the alfalfa. Pull the trigger now on that Series-4 BMW….you won’t be sorry!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs,
    If I want to get a BMW in the color I want – Mineral Gray – I am going to have to go with the 4-Series. They don’t offer Mineral Gray in the 5-Series. No big deal, really.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll take a stab at the lineup:

CF Bader
    1B Goldschmidt
    SS DEjong
    LF Ozuna
    DH Jmart
    C Molina
    RF Fowler
    3B Gyorko
    2B Munoz

NJ315
    Participant

Free

Nope same lineup just add Bader to the 9th spot.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 10 hours ago by Avatar NJ315.
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That lineup isn’t any good. Neither is the Reds lineup with Votto hitting leadoff or 2nd.

Sometimes I wonder how some people get to be major league managers.

r/Esteemed Rat

NJ315
    Participant

Free

We are not facing the lefty but Leclerc a righty

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mikolas is having flashbacks apparently. Odor’s three run homer has the home team up 4-0 in the second inning.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals have been so generous to their sports brethren these past 2 weeks. Sucking to the point they’re making sure St. Louis turns on the Blues game instead of their game. How very generous of them.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

That’s the Miles I remember pitching for Texas.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Mo dispatched Leone and Gregerson at least one game too soon. This would be the perfect game for them. Cards and Mikolas getting pummeled in the 2nd.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great news! With us getting clobbered in the series opener, we can now come back and win the next two.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

This team is turning into an unmitigated disaster. Something has gone very wrong in a hurry. They aren’t just losing they are getting flat smoked.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 8 hours ago by Avatar TexasCard.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There you go, bikemike! They are flipping the script. Get pounded in the opener and win the final two games. Yes, that must be it…

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Horrendous pitching. There is not one above average starter on this staff. We’ve got two back end #3s, a #5 and two guys who probably don’t belong on a big league staff. It might be time to play every game as a bullpen game soon.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

It might be time to play every game as a bullpen game soon.

Not for nothing but I kinda figured since the starters have a hard time finishing five innings that’s what they’ve been doing most of the season.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Could always give Gyorko more innings. He needs a bigger role.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

1st and 3rd with none out…what’s the over/under on number of runs? 0.5?

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

So a positive for the Cardinals is they are playing the one team that might rival them for poor pitching.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I feel like Dan and Brad are on a wish streak with the comeback talk. Not to say that it can’t happen…but they talk about this every time the Cards are getting blown out.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years