StL 2019 Game 45 thread: Fri 5/17 at Rangers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 45 thread: Fri 5/17 at Rangers

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by EuroWolf EuroWolf 4 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not defending, but explaining. As employees, their job is to try to keep fans tuned in and keep ratings as high as possible.

7-2 Texas midway through four.

GACard
    Participant

Free

This team appears to be far more than one trade away from competing for the division

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

They are flipping the script. Get pounded in the opener and win the final two games. Yes, that must be it…

Yep, these next two are guaranteed wins. We can finally take a series, and on the road no less! A happy weekend is ahead people!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brad is awful. I have no idea why the keep him in the booth.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It really hurts to have Wong thrown out at third for the first out … let alone when you are down five runs!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Thrown out at third for the first out off a routine single when you’re down by 5 and the top of the lineup coming up. Huh? What am I missing?! It’s no wonder this team is spiraling out of control.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Does ozuna have any hits other than his home runs this year?

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

With this loss the Cardinals have dropped from 10 games over .500 earlier in May to 1 game over. By the end of Sunday they could be under .500. What a rapid downward trend this has been.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

This is becoming a joke fast. Shildt appears to have no answer to the streaky offense and mediocre starting pitching.

Remember last year when Danny Mac proclaimed a dawn of a new day and that a new brand of ball is what Shitidt brought to the table with defense, smart and hard nosed base running? Well…..

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I’ve been saying it for three plus years that the roster has been poorly constructed. They needed two power bats, a starter, and a closer in the off-season and they only got a power bat. To show how dumb they are they then decide to bat him in the two hole in the order. This is a clown show and I don’t understand how anyone can defend it.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Boy wouldn’t it be fun if Matheny and Mabry were still around to punch on? Folks this was a Miles Mikolas failure to launch and it was, thankfully, one of his few of that nature. But let’s look at the bright side – the bullpen – the did a terrific job to avoid a total embarrassment. Momma said there would be days like this and Momma, rest her soul, was always right. But I just looked out and the sky looks clear but it is too early for the sun to rise but I am not looking forward to today when the roofers will start banging and hammering hoping to beat a predicted rainstorm. Living in a tornado damaged house is getting a bit trying but the only thing I can hope for is the same thing the Cards can hope for — improvement. One day it will all come together. GO CARDS

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

“Thrown out at third for the first out off a routine single when you’re down by 5 and the top of the lineup coming up. Huh? What am I missing?! It’s no wonder this team is spiraling out of control.”

What you are missing is the mantra that the Cards have to be ‘aggressive on the bases.’ If you are going to preach that then you need not criticize when, as is will sometimes, it fails. I can take it but the two bums in the booth have no room to criticize anything. An over the hill pitcher and a two time DWI driver have little room to make snide comments about that attempt to help the team.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Speaking of the roof job with rain threatening, I think they have devised a system to beat it. 10 guys on the roof banging away and they got it stripped in one hour and swear it will done before the first rain drop falls. If they hurry, I can watch the Cards game in peace….LOL

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank God Shildt isn’t supervising your 10 man roofing crew, Minuteman3…..talk about the roof caving in. Yeah, I know it’s only one bad stretch, but what a stretch it is! This is not a well oiled machine in any fashion. This royal mess certainly has Red and George shaking their heads back and forth from the heavens above.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I’ll stand with Shildty until he swings a bat and misses or accounts for 9 hits and 7 runs in 1.1 innings. The same team that has a winning streak also has a losing streak and the attack dogs are unleashed. GO CARDS. Just got a tornado watch until 5pm but it looks iffy for us despite the NWS putting our county in it. We are now hyper on tornadoes so after an hour so I will tell the guys on the roof. By then they may be finished as on my last look they were about 60 percent done and the radar shows the storm to be be quite a way away – still in Texas.

NJ315
    Participant

Ahh the good old argument that managers don’t pitch or hit. Excuses. Do your job manager and no excuses.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Please do post when they have the next winning streak. (or is that not a good time to criticize?)

Roofing Update: Evidently the troops also have weather radios. The roof was finished in 3 hours plus ground cleanup. Wonders happen when you have 13 people all working on a project – I miscounted earlier.
    Glad the border patrol didn’t pass by. When I was driving a potato harvester in North Dakota I was doing rows right next to the highway and my three Mexican helpers were on the harvester doing their thing. A border patrol car passed on the highway just as I reached the end of the field and made a turn. When I looked back the harvester was empty. I had to wait 15 minutes for them to come out of the shelter belt.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Running the exact same lineup out there every day expecting a different result is on Shildt.

Not calling up starters from Memphis and removing our struggling starters is on the front office.

NJ315
    Participant

I post when I have something to say winning or losing has no influence.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

What you are missing is the mantra that the Cards have to be ‘aggressive on the bases.’ If you are going to preach that then you need not criticize when, as is will sometimes, it fails.

MM3, I’m all for aggressiveness, but you have to be smart about it and know when it’s worth the risk and when it’s not. That situation w/Wong going to 3rd on a single to center is not worth the risk at that point. There’s a fine line between calculated risk and foolishness. Wong crossed that line in my opinion.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Agree there can be a fine line between foolishness and aggressiveness. Aggressiveness and the mantra of not making the first or third out at third are not mutually exclusive, especially when taking the score into account. Situational awareness is key. Good teams get it right most of the time.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years