StL 2019 Game 41 thread: Sun 5/12 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 41 thread: Sun 5/12 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy goes yard!….with Munoz along for the ride….3-2.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think even I could rip a tater off this Brault guy. And it wouldn’t be a cheapie either.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards bats come alive and make it a new game for Hudson.

Brian, maybe you’re right and that explains the significant PAs against righties, but why not more with his strong split? Maybe they just haven’t faced that many lefties — not sure and not wanting to look it up at the moment.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Gyorko base hit plates JMart and stakes Hudson to a 1 run lead. Let’s see if Brault can become the third consecutive Pirate starter to amass exactly 30 1st inning pitches. And with that Hudson base hit, Brault is going to get his 30…..maybe more! Bases filled to their capacity with Birds for Munoz, who lit the flame for this 1st inning fire. Munoz whiffs this time, but the Cards grab a 4-3 lead…and the cherry on the pie is that Brault lobbed 33 pitches in the 1st.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think even I could rip a tater off this Brault guy. And it wouldn’t be a cheapie either.

Oh I can just imagine a Pugs bat flip, full of theatrics and all. And I’m sure the trot around the bases would be like a mini ballet.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the game continues at this exact offensive pace, our Birds are going to nip the Bucs 32-27 today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha Ha! They’d call me for a delay of game infraction on that crawl around the bases, Euro.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Three ground outs for Hudson in the 2nd. A much better look.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart ramrods a long bomb wayyy up into the rafters with a mate aboard….6-3 Good Guys!.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey let’s see a show of hands for who amongst us is sporting pink on this fine Sunday afternoon. I know UCONN is. And if I had to venture a guess, I would guess that Brian and Carioca are too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where did this Josh Bell fellow come from? It’s like he sprung up out of nowhere. Starting to resemble Albert Belle at the dish.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a throw by Marcell! …hmmmm…. I don’t think I’ve ever said that before.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Not sporting pink, but I did call my Mom right before she was going out to lunch with my sis and nephew. Mom is 88 y/o but lives a 7-hour drive away. Will later take the Mother of my two kids out to dinner. Hopefully, part of the celebration will include a nod to a Cards victory.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very nice, Euro! Thanks for the reminder as my mommy lives far away too…..over in BicycleMike’s neighborhood in Colorado. I’ll call her immediately after our Cards polish off these pesky Pirates.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bell was good offensively when he came up 2-3 years ago, but fell back last year. This is looking like a possible breakout year for him. I watch the Pirates broadcasts occasionally, and while defense is not his strong suit, they say he’s worked hard to improve it this year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’s still young, but in my mind Hudson’s stock has taken a bit of a hit here this year. I liked what I saw of him much better last season. If he can’t hang around for the “W” in a game such as this, I would jettison him to Memphis so fast your head would spin.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gyorko starts a great DP. You don’t see one quite like that very often. If you didn’t see it, you need to look at it later.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Brault makes it thru the 6th, I’ll wear something pink every day for a year….that’s how confident I am of his short longevity in this one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! Thru 3 1/3, Brault has already tossed 88 pitches… he would fit right in with our young starters.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Continuing that thought, if this was 1965, Brault might be allowed to go 180 pitches if they decided to utilize him as a sacrificial lamb today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are not quite there yet today, but I’m getting sick of routing teams . These days it seems like right after we totally thrash an opponent, we go off on a losing streak.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

These days it seems like right after we totally thrash an opponent, we go off on a losing streak.

Pugs, you are correct, and it’s infuriating. We don’t have that hunter/killer mentality we’ll need down the stretch.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

JMart taketh away, then giveth, then taketh away again.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Wow I didn’t see this team turning back toward .500

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.