StL 2019 Game 33 thread: Sat 5/4 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 33 thread: Sat 5/4 at Cubs

This topic contains 62 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:05 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (2-0, 4.78) vs. RHP Yu Darvish (2-3, 5.02) Fox Sports Midwest // FOX Sports 1 // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hendricks was struggling and we made him look like Cy Hendricks.

Yu Darvish has been struggling so we will probably make him look like Cy Darvish.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, have you been hanging around with Nathan? šŸ˜‰

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

No, but we shall see. As always, I hope I am wrong.

And the only good thing about baseball this Friday was that Amy was in the front row at Milwaukee for their game with the Mets..:)

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ahh Amy & Rat…..what a couple they would be. You need to pop “The Question” to Amy, so she can be situated behind home plate at Busch instead of Miller, Rat…..oh oh I best be careful here so not to inspire any more naughty jokes out of Rat. But you know Amy really has become famous. Is there really any other sports fan in America who has made a bigger name for themselves than Amy…for just being there. Heck they do not even have to utter a word, they merely have to show up. Tops or Upper “Stacked” Deck should seriously consider having Amy sit for them for baseball card consideration. We all have contemplated what we would do if we ever hit one of those billion dollar Powerball jackpots. I think I would be at every major sporting event in America….and be noticed and recognized by the cameras. To do so, you would have to have some sort of recognizable feature. For me, I just might wear some article of pink at each event. For instance this weekend I would have been sitting center stage at the Kentucky Derby wearing some ridiculously ugly big pink hat while sipping on mint juleps. Then I would fly right off to Philly to be seated smack dab right behind the 76ers bench in a pink tux for Sunday’s big game vs Toronto. After that it would be right off to Boston for Monday’s Milwaukee Buck thrashing of their Celtics. And on and on it would go.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs… no one can state that you were jipped when it comes to imagination. I’m surprised you didn’t add having a c-note on the Derby winner.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fowler returns, Bader sits, but I bet he will be back Sunday against the lefty Quintana.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We all assumed that a Fowler/JMart platoon would develop but instead it is a Fowler/Bader platoon, at least for now.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At a minimum we need to win one of these two remaining games and preferably both. As I mentioned yesterday the Cubs host the high school team known as the Miami Marlins for four games next week so you know they will win all four of those. I do not want to relinquish first place to these jerks.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar said:

We all assumed that a Fowler/JMart platoon would develop but instead it is a Fowler/Bader platoon, at least for now.

For me, it is impossible to assume anything from one data point. This is Fowler’s first game back in the lineup. They could easily sit Martinez tomorrow night and play Fowler in right. Maybe it will be a three-man rotation, is my point.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Possibly but it seems to me they like to play Fowler more against LH’s. Quintana is pitching tomorrow night so I would expect JMart in RF and Bader in CF. Dexter appears to be getting the bulk of CF play against LH’s.

Of course this is all dependent on who is swinging the hot bat. They certainly would prefer to have Bader’s defense in the game but until he proves he can hit RH’s he will play sparingly.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I keep getting that error message and cant post.

NJ315
    Participant

Fowler ran really fast after that ball. If he is not feeling a 100% let Bader play center. That error cost a run.

NJ315
    Participant

Great throw by Martinez to get Bryant at third.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler with the little league play. JMart with the cannon throw and now the HR. Go figure.

NJ315
    Participant

Now Martinez ties it with his first swing!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Wow, what a throw, followed by a smash over the LF wall…! Keep it going, Cards…make Darvish think twice about every pitch.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The old runner at third with less than two outs bug bites us again.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seeing the Cards wearing the powder blues on a Saturday at Wrigley reminds me too much of the Sandberg game in 1984. What an ugly memory.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wacha drives in two as the Cards take a 5-1 lead. Darvish already over 70 pitches in four innings.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards almost knock Darvish out of the game but Goldy lets him off the hook. Goldy 0 for 9 against Darvish in his career.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I’m out backpacking/fishing so I can’t catch much of the game but I did see the Wong, Wacha and Carp at bats. Good part to catch! Go Cards!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was painful to watch … tie game.

I think Shildt made the right call, looked like Wacha missed the target badly and left the ball over the plate.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha gives up a grand slam to some backup catcher who has never done anything. Good grief.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsā„¢ and their minor league system for 20 years