StL 2019 Game 18 thread: Wed 4/17 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 18 thread: Wed 4/17 at Brewers

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice finish by Hicks there. And is there a better double play duo than Wong and Dejong? I think not.

Glad they were able to salvage one game this series.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not disputing Fowler’s OBP. I’m just saying that a team usually doesn’t pay $16.5M/year for a singles hitter but I am sure at this point they are glad to get even this much out of him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We finally get the Crew at home next week. It would be nice to give them a taste of their own medicine. After next week we don’t see them again until August. Weird schedule.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

nice bounceback game

offense might be beginning to click

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am still a believer in the potential of our starters. I have to believe that the results so far have been skewed by playing some of the best offensive teams in the league. Is there another Yelich that’s going to bomb 3 run homer after 3 run homer. (Granted, I think he should never been able to do so with the frequency we have let him, as I say throw him junk not in the middle of the zone, and walk him often) And when Crew pitchers I have never heard of are slamming home runs?? Wth?

With the difficult schedule, and having lost 5 of 7 to the Crew, we are still 2 games over. Sometimes you have to just fight through things, and tip your cap to a hot player, and team. I would hope we show marked improvement when we play them at home.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank you Michael Wacha!!! I applaud the job Wacha did today. The team really needed him to go at least six full innings and he did. I also thought he was very effective against a good line up.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good game today, at least from my office tv with the sound muted. A couple of our guys caught stealing 2nd — by a mile, it appeared. Are they not getting a good read? Didn’t look like the throws were all that spectacular.

Great to see Weiters’ production climbing. That’s a big positive, as is Ozuna’s recent offense. Some optimism for the next stretch of games.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Other than that one mistake to the relief pitcher, Wacha had an outstanding game. I’d like to see Gant throw more than eight pitches though.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

CardsRedSox, from my perspective it appeared they were missed hit and run attempts.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

BHC — thanks for that! Makes more sense than just a muffed steal, and good to know they were trying to put pressure on the defense.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Had to be missed hit and run plays. Wieters is not a speed demon. On one of those Kolten would have needed a ladder to swing at a high and outside ball to do his part in the play.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.