StL 2019 Game 149 thread: Sun 9/15 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 149 thread: Sun 9/15 vs. Brewers

This topic contains 73 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CardsFanInChiTown 1 month ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

This is a killer that we probably wont recover from.

We might start a nine game losing streak now. Last two to the Brewers, three by the Nats, and four by the Cubs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well there goes the bull pen…

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

horrible 9th inning. hell why not use brebbia, tis was an important game. hes been probably our most consistent guy. I kmow he pitched yesterday but so did gant, webb. not staying with wacha anymore I believe hurt us a little here. just cant walk guys in a close game. or run counts full. just bad pitching in the 9th all around.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

only 4 hits today so offense still struggling to put together hits.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Another season ending meltdown look to be happening. At best second wildcard then 1 and done…

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“only 4 hits today so offense still struggling to put together hits”

One single and 3 HR’s is a telling stat.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Yeah this is the beginning of the end

Or it really feels like it

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar GACard.
    Stpcard
    Participant

Free

In 27 innings the cubs didn’t score in 8 of those innings. They have men who hit and they went out and got a real hitter while we did zero.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just one game. Hated to see bull pen fail when we got back in it from behind in later innings. I know 3 pitchers that are gonna get a spanking. Add some staff to it too for letting a guy walk the bases full in the 9th. Close but no cigar!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Bad loss today, and Strasberg tomorrow. Schedule gets tough for us here on out. Bullpen needs to step it up.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that game was a gut punch.

Oh and the Cubs only scored 47 runs this weekend.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t want to have to do Gant’s laundry tonight. Or maybe all of his mess leaked out on the mound.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The only saving grace is that Rizzo had to be helped off the field. Apparently an ankle issue. Not sure if he’s day to day or out for awhile.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schildt should never have allowed to let Gant walk his third guy. Normally his lineups I disagree with, and his bullpen moves look good to me. Not sure things would have changed, and normally he doesn’t leave pitchers in too long.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

No one said it would be easy. We’ll have to earn our way into the postseason.

Odd that Martinez was out via illness. We need him, the offense and the bullpen to pull it together.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

I have two things to say… actually three, but I’m not putting them down here. They would just be redundant thoughts and feelings that everyone else is experiencing. Oh…. the humanity.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Someone post the bullpen rankings so we can see that this was just a fluke. Nothing to see here.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ny, do you still feel that the Cubs ain’t that good?

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Am busy working on an out-of-town assignment so did not see the game, but was surprised to see Gant was allowed to stay in long enough to walk 3. In September there should be plenty of options should a guy not have it.

Plus it looked like Wacha could have gone a couple more, as his pitching count was low. Again though, did not see or hear it and do not k now the particulars.

Gotta put this behind us and win this Washington series, which won’t be easy. Still you feel with Hudson, Flaherty, Mikolas, and what seems like an improving Wainwright and Wacha, we will not go on a long losing streak.

Also, I believe the last two series, which we lost 2 games to 1, we out scored the opposition. But then this club has tended to be feast or famine.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

CMart out with the flu huh, on a Sunday afternoon, after a Saturday night, hmmmm. Yeah, I had that flu a lot in my college years and 20’s too…… Maybe he actually did have a real flu, but I wouldn’t bet a wooden nickel on it, and I’d gladly put $20 on my observation.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<CardsFanInChiTown wrote:

CMart out with the flu huh, on a Sunday afternoon, after a Saturday night, hmmmm. Yeah, I had that flu a lot in my college years and 20’s too…… Maybe he actually did have a real flu, but I wouldn’t bet a wooden nickel on it, and I’d gladly put $20 on my observation.>

CFICT – Not sure that I disagree with you but Shildt says he spent one night in the hospital in Denver before coming home. And, for sure, there was not much to celebrate Saturday night. If I had $20 I might lay it down but I will have to wait until some Dem candidate gives me free anything to come up with that much cash..lol.

PadsFS
    Participant

Free

CMart out with the flu huh, on a Sunday afternoon, after a Saturday night, hmmmm. Yeah, I had that flu a lot in my college years and 20’s too…… Maybe he actually did have a real flu, but I wouldn’t bet a wooden nickel on it, and I’d gladly put $20 on my observation.

They said he went to the hospital and also didn’t pitch Saturday.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish we could leave politics off of this board. Believe it or not, not every poster here is a fan of the GOP.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I just saw the hospital thing for CMart, I retract my earlier $20 bet offer.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years