StL 2019 Game 149 thread: Sun 9/15 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 149 thread: Sun 9/15 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (6-7, 4.97) vs. RHP Chase Anderson (6-4, 4.57) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

Participant

Free

Not a good time for a ‘day game after night game’ lineup. Hope Wacha is ‘on.’

Participant

Paid - Annual

We need to get out of the gate early today and chase Anderson by no later than the 4th inning. I want to see no dramatics……lets do what Chicago has been doing to Pittsburgh and drill these Yelich-less chumps! And speaking of Pittsburgh, at this professional level, you cannot get lambasted to the degree that they have in their series at Wrigley unless one thing is occuring…..the team is rolling over and playing dead. I think they came into the series with good intentions as evidenced by scoring four 1st inning runs in game 1. But when Chicago came right back in the bottom of the 1st and smacked them in the mouth with five runs of their own, the Pirates did all but wave white towels of surrender from their dugout. The Pirates have no, 0, zilch chance of winning today in Wrigley, which is quite sad…..especially for St. Louis and Milwaukee fans. The Pirates have to some degree been historically kind to the cubbies during playoff runs. The year that really riled me up was 2003, when Pittsburgh sent Kenny Lofton and Aramis Ramirez to the scrubbies for virtually nothing, right before the trade deadline. The Pirates suck on numerous levels!

Participant

Free

Hey Pugs. Word is that the Pirates were using a T-ball stand in batting practice to make it easier to hit the ball………..and they were still striking out.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    2. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Tommy Edman (S) 3B
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Michael Wacha (R) P

Participant

Paid - Annual

That is not that far fetched, Minuteman3….especially when playing in Wrigley when the cubs have something big on the line. I eill really have my eye on Goldy today. Is he poised to go on a hitting rampage or is he ready for another long hitting funk?? Today’s game will tell us which way he’s heading. And Dexter Fowler; it’s not like he’s had an all star campaign, but you have to be proud of how he has performed this year. He could have easily continued his slide and slowly ridden off into the sunset with a bundle of coin that would make Gordon Gecko take note. But he worked hard at it and has come back very nicely. Kudos to Dexter!!!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Every manager with a contending team right now will tell you that “we’ll take every game one at a time”.

So let’s go out and win this one game. We can get back to 4.0 game lead when the Pirates beat the Cubs. Enough with the chalk. The Cubs ain’t that good.

The next three for both teams will be a push.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs… agree on Fowler. We got him to be our lead off guy…. and there he is. Pretty nice comeback from that horrible ’18.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Nyquist …. I just noticed that you have been promoted to MODERATOR status. Congratulations! I’ve been waiting for a decade now for Brian to bestow that honor on me. The only thing I can figure is that Brian thinks that I’ll turn him down, so he refrains from asking. Maybe the fair thing to do is to put it up to a vote for the next Moderator opening. I would put on a campaign that would have Donald John Trump salivating to plagiarize.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I volunteered… the opportunity was there for you. Anyway, I think that you’re yankin’ my crank. So maybe you can join Beto’s campaign staff. 🙂

Participant

Free

I agree on Fowler. Great turnaround. Now if that could happen to MCarp. Don’t hear too much anymore about how he can only hit in the leadoff spot. Seems like he is happy to try hitting in any part of the order now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We have to take care of our own business and just win our games. The Cubs will pulverize the hapless Pirates again today, sweep the Reds out of town, and pulverize the Pirates again the last week of the season.

We need to beat the crew today, win two out of three against the mighty Nats, and win two out of three in Arizona. As for those seven games against the Cubs we are going to have to man up and win at least three or four of those games. When we go into the belly of the beast called Wrigley Field let’s stand up and let them know that we are taking the crown back instead of wetting the bed like we usually do there.

We are not going to be able to back into this division title. We are going to have to be assertive and take it. This is big boy baseball time.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Minuteman: I agree on Fowler. Great turnaround. Now if that could happen to MCarp. Don’t hear too much anymore about how he can only hit in the leadoff spot. Seems like he is happy to try hitting in any part of the order now.

I have a theory on Carp: Not being able to hit anywhere else in the lineup is and always was BS. He just likes to have more AB’s like anybody who loves to hit.

When he started getting national attention after that 55 dbls year, and not wearing gloves, and averaging 6.5 pitches per AB, his head blew up, along with his bank account. Being that he had far more cache than MM, and Mo’ (who really knows nothing about hitting) gave the OK…whatever his new super-duper star wished.

There’s more but I don’t want to bore.

Participant

Free

Well the milk got spilt last night. Missed most of the game but didn’t look like much worth watching after the 3rd inning. Dead offense again. Funny thing is they got 5 runs on 7 hits and we got 2. Right on that we need the big boy bats to show up every game. We’re gonna be playing against good pitching the rest of the way. Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Carp got alot of press on the salsa connection. Gonna see him next to Paul Neumans steak sauce in the grocery store when he quits baseball!

Participant

Free

Pugs I would vote for you for moderator, just not sure you are “moderate” enough for everybody,,,?

Participant

Paid - Annual

So maybe you can join Beto’s campaign staff.

I’d consider it, Nyquist, but I usually pack heat when traversing Texas. I think Beto would have me shot for it.

I knew I’d have your vote, Wooster.
    Besides Euro’s and your tally, I think I would probably get shut out.

I’ll be switching the channels back-and-forth like a madman today, between our Birds and my Pack throttling Minnesota. It doesn’t get much better than that….as long as our boys chase Anderson today en route to total victory.

Participant

Free

Well there’s a classy dp to finish off the first.

Participant

Free

Walk Ozuna to get to DeJong is smart…but thay don’t.

Participant

Free

Marcel is truly Dr. Strange Glove Jr!

And lately he, DeJong and Yadi are horrid at the plate. What the hey!??

Participant

Free

Mistake pitch to Bader…she gone!

1-0 us

Participant

Free

Bader smacks a dinger!

Participant

Free

Pirates plate 4 for a 1 run lead…amazin’

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years