StL 2019 Game 145 thread: Wed 9/11 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 145 thread: Wed 9/11 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Wow, can’t believe they left Hudson in after last inning. Now a dinger.

Participant

Free

Yeah cardinals won’t win this division. I’m an Atlanta fan outside of St. Louis. I know heartbreak and believe I’ve brought it to the cardinals

Even my gamecocks choked late the few years they were good. I love the pain

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by AvatarGACard.
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

WHY CANT ANYONE ON THIS TEAM HIT???????????

Its pitiful……….

Participant

Paid - Annual

This offense is so inconsistent. How can they be struggling against a pitching staff that struggles to get people out?

Does Shildt ever use the bunt?

Participant

Paid - Annual

I believe even the best hitters fail 2 out of every 3 at bats.

Participant

Free

Decent lineups don’t fail over and over again to pitchers with 7 eras in coors

Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly! They should be able to score at least 3-4 runs against this staff.

Participant

Free

Also our hitters are failing 5 out of every 6 times against some of the worst pitchers in the league that last two nights. Division is going to get tight

Participant

Paid - Annual

I understand that we are not hitting the way we could. However, some act like these guys should be able to get a hit anytime they want.

Participant

Free

Forsch how can you defend a lineup that has no regulars hitting over 260 other than Wong who has an ops under 785. This is one of the worst offenses in the league so open your eyes man. This team is fortunate it’s had a stellar bullpen that is wearing down and starting pitchers that are on fire

Participant

Paid - Annual

Come on Goldy! Maybe Tyler O’Neill at 1st next year if Goldy can’t produce the way a 1st baseman should?

Participant

Free

I thought pitching last night was great all around. so not a big deal. but tonight, their starter was just basically flipping it up there. yea the ump had a generous zone but we should have hit their starter a lot better. fowler has done good tonight but the next guys not so much. goldy had a double but it was more placement than a well hit ball. the thing is the rockies have a decent bullpen, their starters just aren’t good. but we have made them look great.

Participant

Free

Hey Pugs! Had Brocoli beef, low mein and eggrolls tonight. Too bad everybody gets a day off and comes back not able to hit anything. Been like this all year.

Participant

Free

This is a story book version of how to lose a division that is handed to you

Participant

Free

man the umpire has been calling ball just off the plate a strike all night and suddenly one right over the plate he calls a ball. I think we need that electronic umpire.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Why the hell do you not bunt, poor managing right there.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

You have to pinch run for yadi!

Participant

Free

Tommy Edman. Like him and everything but only this organization would seem him a regular immediately. Leads going to shrink fast

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Tommy Edman. Like him and everything but only this organization would seem him a regular immediately. Leads going to shrink fast

Who do you play ahead of him?

Participant

Free

I like how these announcers are bagging on bader saying they should pinch hit for him but nobody else has hit either. at least bader doe shave a hit with a runner in scoring position this series, not too many others can say that. they get their wish, we have the mighty carpenter batting who hasn’t hit. I understand the lefty thing but announcers should know what they are talking about before ragging on the hitters. we still got a shot, slim one though.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

This is the best we have off the bench here? Another head scratching decision by the manager.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Two very disappointing losses in a row.

Participant

Free

the hardest hit ball by a cardinal comes as an out on the last at bat by a pinch hitter.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

1 run the past two nights in Colorado is just not going to win you very many games. Bad time for the offense to fade back to its mid-season form.

Participant

Free

Colhusker I agree completely its like rewind to that last road trip to Athletics and Dodgers. Team better get it back together or its gonna slip away.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years