StL 2019 Game 145 thread: Wed 9/11 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 145 thread: Wed 9/11 at Rockies

This topic contains 57 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:40 p.m. RHP Dakota Hudson (15-6, 3.40) vs. RHP Antonio Senzatela (8-10, 7.19) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I just looked at projected starters over the next 10 days or so. In the Nats series at Busch next week, it looks like they will be facing Strasburg, Corbin and Max S. Ouch!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

CFICT, that looks like a potent pitching lineup. IIRC we have not done badly against Max lately – anybody have stats?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

We just may have a chance tonight – this Senzatela guy actually has won some games so he is not a rookie or a winless slub looking for easy pickings. But then, hopefully, the bat truck will make its way up to the mile high city (and they are probably high on some other vegetative stuff too).

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Magic number down to 15 with the Cubs loss. I told you that da Cubs just ain’t that good and they have to be feeling the pressure…. have to be.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

MM3, it seems that over the past month or so, after they have an absolutely awful game with the bats, they put it together and errupt. I’m predicting double digit runs tonight for the Birds on the Bat! Ozuna hits a 3 run bomb in the top of the first is my finite projection!

Hudson has been on a roll, but with the thin air there, I hope this start and pitching in that air doesn’t throw him off.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

In case anybody is interested. I watched a lot of the Cubs/Padres game last night. Manny Machado looks listless to me, almost like he’s disinterested. A view of him in the dugout showed him with his chin in his left hand, like he could care less. During his last atbat the Cubs announcers even made some type of comment about him looking like he wasn’t ready.

It would be nice if he tried a little bit these next two games.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineup

D Fowler (S) RF
    K Wong (L) 2B
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    M Ozuna (R) LF
    P DeJong (R) SS
    Y Molina (R) C
    T Edman (S) 3B
    H Bader (R) CF
    D Hudson (R) P

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Day offs over. Time to wake up and score some runs again. Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Senzy is a weak link in that erratic Denver rotation. Let me put it this way…… he’s no Chi Chi Gonzalez. Our boys will seize this golden opportunity and whack him around at their leisure. Let’s call this one 11-5 Good Guys with plenty of homers and plenty of laughs to amuse us all.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

I think it’s safe to eliminate the Brews now that the MVP is kneecapped. Tough break. Bellanger will win it now.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Three ways to beat the Cardinals

1. Pitch inexperienced pitchers with ERA over 6.00
    2. Give up lead off double
    3. Two down the middle and one in the dirt

Just kidding but seems that way sometimes.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

I hope youse guys appreciate the sacrifice I’m making tonite for the team (not as big as Rats going to bum bleep Egypt)

I took the night off because we always win when I do that. So relax and enjoy the carnage.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

1. Pitch inexperienced pitchers with ERA over 6.00
    2. Give up lead off double
    3. Two down the middle and one in the dirt

Very astute observations, I must say.

1. Blame scouts for having no book on ’em
    2. Easy fix: drill lead off man
    3. Order Carp, O’Neale and Bader to swing at every 1st and 2nd pitch.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Load bases with one out. Add that to the list

GACard
    Participant

Free

Paul is still a valuable player but been pretty disappointing what he’s done with the bat this year

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Up 1-0, Goldy gets a rbi double!

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“Up 1-0, Goldy gets a rbi double!”

I’m knocked over by a Feather!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Wolters ringing double in the 5th ties things up at 1. Nobody out with Colorado looking to seize command.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson got out of it! Does anyone else get nervous watching Ozuna catch a fly ball?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded, everybody on by a walk. Looks like Hudsons toast. Squeezed out of that one.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The offense needs to get things going. They are making the Rockies look really good.

GACard
    Participant

Free

It’s really hard to have any hopes for this team even if they make the postseason. The offense is terrible. Only reason I support ozuna walking. Maybe someone else can be a trigger. We’re just cursed offensively

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Threatening to score another run tonight?

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BTW, for those who have written off the Brewers, they are 4.5 games back and have won their last 6 games.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years