StL 2019 Game 118 thread: Tue 8/13 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 118 thread: Tue 8/13 at Royals

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Redbirds continue to struggle on offense. Argh!!!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Molina over-anxious.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Big first out

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good win! Great pitching tonight!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to get the win and draw closer in the Central. Gotta keep beating the below .500 teams and start winning more against the contenders. Nice start by Jack and the bullpen was decent. The offense needs some spark.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Flaherty can keep pitching close to this through next month, he is going to accumulate himself some Cy Young votage. Due to his slow start, there is no way he can win, but just being mentioned in association with Cy is quite the accomplishment for a 23 year old. I think we have our Ace.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Brewers just coughed up the lead late against Minnesota.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 8th in Milwaukee.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I agree Pugs. Where you been? Missed on the score a little? Pitchin was good tonight. Had some small ball for some runs but thats ok. Whatever works. Got just enough runs where we didn’t have to hang on through a cliffhanger. Would be nice to see those big bats get going again. Could be wrong but looks like DeJong is popping out alot. May want to intentionally try and hit on top of the ball and maybe start catching it on center. Hes been hitting under it. Gotta help out the batting coaches now, Go Cardinals!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Great win tonight by Flaherty, they just don’t score for the guy!! Miller looked good and CMart was CMart.

When are they going to move Wong up in the order to the 1 or ideally 2 spot, highest BA and highest OBP out of the regulars, but they hit him at the bottom. Is there a confidence issue/take the pressure off issue that we are unaware of? He’s even been able to hit LHP it appears.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where have you been? Missed on the score a little?

Every month our wonderful 3 year Granddaughter comes home for 3 weeks. Then she flys to Michigan for a week every month to stay with her father. So when she is home, I mostly spend time with her during those night games vs game threading it. Cannot wait until she turns 5, where she will almost exclusively be here during the 9 month school year. When she’s in Michigan for that week, I try to join in on almost every night game thread. Yeah Wooster…..my 9-4 Cards prediction last night missed badly as far as the total runs were concerned. But tonight I plan on pegging that long awaited and much coveted perfect score.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe Wong’s offensive numbers are considerably better the further south he’s placed in the order, CardsInChiTown. I think the same may be said of Carpenter.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Happy for Jack that the pen didn’t blow his great game. As usual bats dead.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Pugs, grand kids are the best. Love ’em. Do Not miss out on that. They grow up way too fast! I don’t think having him at the end of the order is a bad thing. He seems to be consistent there. He can clean up any Lob from there and maybe even extend an inning if our pitchers could come learn how to move a man over. Sometimes I really miss Whitey-ball. They tried him before at lead off but he didn’t do that well. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix up. They got Thomas and Azonerra to play with now. Azonerra is supposed to have outdistanced AAA so it will be interesting to see how he does. Go Cardinals!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Flaherty is just outside the premier top-10 pitchers in many key stats…. certainly a top-15 right now despite what some are erroneously calling a slow start. he had a poor first game and a dud vs. MIL on 4/16 and another dud on 6/8 at CHC… other than that he’s been totally consistent. He’s young and still improving. That’s not an ace? We used to call a pitcher like that a stopper.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The more I see Flaherty, the more he reminds me of a young Mad Max (Scherzer).

Viewing 15 posts - 51 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.