StL 2019 Game 118 thread: Tue 8/13 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 118 thread: Tue 8/13 at Royals

This topic contains 64 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by bicyclemike bicyclemike 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Free

id rather see arozarena at dh than carpenter myself. it kind of sucks that apparently arozarena is only about the same in the outfield as fowler far as defense goes which I equate to average to below average. but hes better than Martinez so that’s good.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stlcard25 did nail it!! Predicting the batting order with Shildt calling the St. Louis shots is not an easy task. Doing so with great Cardinal skippers of years gone past, such as Red, Whitey and Tony was literally a piece of cake…..but not with this Shildt guy. A special tip of the cap extended Rat’s way as well for yet once again being in the ballpark. What’s for din-din you may ask? Extremely rare roast beef sandwiches, Cheetos Puffs, potato salad, milk and chocolate peanut butter pie.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had chicken breast on the grill, mashed potatoes and green beans from the garden tonight. I will probably miss a bit of the game tonight but I’m hoping to finish up the task I have in time to catch a some innings. Go Cards!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet munchies, Stlcard25! You don’t want to miss much of this one, as this game is in your honor for predicting the near impossible. I’m calling it 9-4 Birds with Edman locating the cheap seats with bat in hand. I know many here have Edman pegged as a utilityman extraordinaire. But I think he’s destined for much more grandiose things. Go Birds!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Error, balk, groundout, sac fly…way to manufacture a run, Redbirds. 1-0 Cards

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack had a temporary problem with control in the first, but has settled down and is through 2. The Cards had some hard hit balls off this no name Royals pitcher so far, so hopefully some of those find gaps (or the seats) soon.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There we go…Wong knocks a double to the right field wall to lead off the 3rd.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong runs into an out at third. That’s a Cardinal sin with the top of the order up. At least Thomas advanced.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman drives Thomas in to make it 2-0. He is then thrown out between first and second. This Royals pitcher has serious control issues. He’s going to hang a slider or two that will end up over the fence before this is all said and done.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack has had a number of 2 strike counts so far but no Ks. The Royals have had a few near misses, most recently by Merrifield.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Three successive hits erased on SB, out at home, and what? We have had two caught stealings already, and a couple of throws from OF show us that we need more care on the bases.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty looking very good!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Overall, JF is looking smooth after 5.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What is the over/under for number of games before Arozarena appears in a game and also for when he starts a game?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would expect Arozarena to start one of the games in KC. This offense needs. The organization needs to see what he can do at the Major League level.

I agree with a Brian that it was ridiculous to have Edman playing RF instead of Thomas. I believe a Thomas has shown he is a good defender. The organization needs to determine if he can hit consistently at the Major League level as well.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack is looking a little more off in the 6th. He couldn’t put away either of the first two batters who single with none out. Trouble is brewing. Arozarena may end up pinch running before the night is out after all.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A one pitch double play helps though. One more pitch to get out of it.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty got out of the sixth. Although, I have to question targeting three consecutive fastballs outside the zone with two strikes on the hitter.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs lost tonight and the Brewers are trailing. It could be a good night if we can close this one out.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Been out of the loop the last few days, is Martinez hurt? Wondering why he is not DH’ing tonight

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez on the IL …

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not much going on the offensive side tonight, to be sure. Good thing they didn’t put the new guy in the lineup.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Thank you 1964, I missed that.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! Another double play at the right time! Now add on!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years