StL 2019 Game 117 thread: Sun 8/11 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 117 thread: Sun 8/11 vs. Bucs

This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Grand Slam by Thomas and the Cards come back to lead 9-8!

C’mon bullpen, hold it now!

GACard
    Participant

Free

Maybe this Lane Thomas guy should play over Munoz and Edman in the outfield every couple days…

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Holy schmolley! Thomas does it. I almost went to bed at 8-4!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

He was hitting 350 before the slam.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman rode the momentum of his grand slam basically until now so maybe Thomas will finally get a run of play. Well done, Lane.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have a lot of friends who are Pirates fans…man, it stinks to be a fan of that team right now. The Pirates make our offense look amazing at least one game every series.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Pirates bring in a pitcher with a 7.92 ERA, and he can’t get an out. Helps give breathing room..

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Its almost as if Lane Thomas should be getting more starts and chances to hit instead of just pinch running.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have now scored 100 runs (with more possibly to come) in 16 games with the Pirates this year (12-4 if they hold on today) They’ve scored 418 in the other 99 (48-51).

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Lane Thomas with a chance to hit his 2nd grand slam in two innings!

And…..uh, shoot, he strikes out.

What a dud..:)

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet win. We move ahead of the Brewers and stay 2 back of the Cubs.

Lane Thomas is the real deal. Play the man.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Great game. Fun to watch. Now I go empty the dog and hit the sack.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Not sure what the Blue Jays did with the international cap space the Cardinals traded them for Lane Thomas, but I’d like to believe Mo fleeced them. Gotta give Mo credit on that trade.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Sometimes Miller can come in and make Joey Votto look like he’s never taken an at bat at the MLB level. Others times his location is not even close to where it needs to be. Thankfully Fowler provided the insurance and Miller recovered, carving up Marte for the final out to earn a save.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice game for our Cardinals! Gettin’ back in it. Wouldn’t make too much of this one game. Great to see some happy faces and guys gettin loose at the plate.All those hits were great but they didn’t have much bull pen in this one. Looks like they were saving people for thier West coast road trip starting tomorrow. Saw a couple of our rookie guys who really need to work on hitting a curve ball. One of our veteran switch hitters too. They do make curve throwing pitching machines! Miller is really a chore to hit when hes on target isn’t he? Reminds me of Quisenberry. On to KC having a down year but they get up to play us. Go Cardinals!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

West Coast swing?

Free Lane Thomas!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Lane Thomas struck out with the bases loaded…………oh wait.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how bad JMart was hurt? Thomas may play more either way.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am betting the Lane Train will be starting in CF tomorrow night in KC regardless of who the pitcher is.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas could certainly be a little spark. He and Bader have similar skill sets with Thomas having a little more pop and Bader being a better defender. I’m hoping that one of them can seize the CF spot long term and provide average offense and plus defense at the position because the team could certainly use the stability.

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years