StL 2019 Game 117 thread: Sun 8/11 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 117 thread: Sun 8/11 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (7-12, 3.94) vs. LHP Steven Brault LHP (3-1, 4.09) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Daggone folks, that Aristotle Onassis guy from the Reds that replaced Puig hit three homeruns for the Reds on Saturday night. Is he going to be a major pain for us next weekend in that four game series?

r/Esteemed Rat

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Well Rats he isn’t up to par with Scooter who hit 4 against us so maybe we are ahead of the game huh…..LOL

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

OK Cards, let’s kick these guys one more time while we’ve got ’em down.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Thanks to excellent (NOT) MLB scheduling the Cards get to play 26 games in 27 days starting with the KC series this coming week. There have so many weird things in the 2019 schedule it would take a month to list them all starting with playing one team 10 times in the first month of the season. MLB once said that it’s goal was to get every team one day off per week but they seem to think that if they can slip in two days in one week and none for several more that is good enough. There are two total days off in September and one of those is on the road. The Cards are surely not the only team being subjected to lousy scheduling but I am surprised we don’t hear more complaints from the teams to MLB.

David
    Participant

Free

Cardinals go for sweep today and if they do, my reaction will be much like a oh yay. We had a chance to prove we belong with an 11 game stretch against the elite teams and we finished 3-8, so pardon me if I don’t get to excited about a sweep of the bucs.
    I hear Molina May come back this week so we should see the opp HR’s and OBS% improve or should I say our pitchers will start missing their locations, that seems to be the norm when Molina is in the squat. Odd how that works.
    Despite our play, we still have an excellent chance to make the playoffs, even win the division but that gives me little confidence for our future especially with the Schildster as our Manager. Is this to be the norm? A good start with less than average play for the rest of the season and hope the other teams play below par.
    I know I sound like a negative nelly but I am basing this on how we play against the elite teams and how we compete. I would have preferred to go 8-3 in that 11 game stretch with today’s game being a Salvage game against the bucs, then at least I could be like this was a let down series but against the elite we came to play and we’re up for the challenge. I have yet to see that this year.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals have an all RH hitting line-up today against Brault.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Dave, has it occurred to you that maybe the elite teams are better than the Cards. The NL Central is a division that beats up on each other but not so much on others. Your 3-8 record included the Dodgers, Astros and A’s, all of whom I consider to be a better team than the Cards. But better teams are known to have lost to lesser teams.

As for Mike Shildt, I have a high opinion of him because the players almost to the man seem to have a high opinion of him. But he cannot control how they play and when they swing the bat. All he can do is to take what he sees in the clubhouse and on the field in consultation with his coaches and make the decisions as to who plays. He is given the deck of cards that he has to play by the FO. I think his 100th win on his 51st birthday was well deserved. If he can get the offense to operate at peak I would say he is a magician but I don’t fault him for trying. I don’t mind saying that I don’t see the Cards in the playoffs (or not going very far if they should make them). Just too many better teams in MLB this season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

For my late lunch today, which will commence about the time of the first pitch in the Cubs/Reds game, will be sausage patties, green beans, corn otc, and some strawberries. Maybe even a Klondike bar..:)

Hope Aristotle Onassis can continue to pound on the Cubs pitching. Today its Jon Lester.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I like our chances today. Mikolas is better than his w/l record. Just don’t let him go past 6 innings, maybe ,5. Bull pen should be rested. Don’t know much about Brault but obviously must not handle right handers well. Congrats on last night. Good to see almost everyone do some hitting! Team play everywhere and we’ll take em one at a time. Go Cardinals!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Looking at the radar it does appear that a rain delay during the game or at the start might be imminent. May be a good game to use an ‘opener’ before Mikolas gets burned with a long delay but whom am I to forecast weather?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Is MCarp injured? Taking him out in the 7th last night and keeping him out today makes one wonder. But then Sunday is usually a bench day so it may be nothing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The fact the Bucs are throwing a LH is probably why Carp is on the bench. We will probably see more of that the rest of the year.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MLB replay remains trash.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Edman steals 2B and advances to 3B after the ball gets past the second baseman on the throw. Goldy drives him to make it a 3-4 game. Sure would be nice if others on the team decided to show up.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Lane Thomas shows off his speed with a classy RBI triple that ties the game 4-4. Hmmm its almost as if Lane Thomas isn’t that bad of a player.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

JMart exits the game with shoulder discomfort. Can an outfielder get a shoulder impingement?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas ties it up!!

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Shildt allowed Mikolas to stay in and bat for himself with Thomas on 3B and 2 out. Then in the next inning Miles serves up another 2 run HR for Josh Bell. Pirates up 6-4.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This day is not going well. Cubs come from behind to beat the Reds while the Cardinal pitching staff is getting thrashed.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

This clip isn’t Cardinals related but holy toledo the Baltimore Orioles are terrible.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

No Wong with the RH pitcher. I thought he hit lefthanders better than righthanders? He is our leading hitter for average among starters and sits twice this week? DeJong hasn’t hit his heart rate recently.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That Lane Thomas guy isn’t so bad. I am glad he got to play today. FINALLY!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas with a Grand Salami!!! 9-8 good guys!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.