StL 2019 Game 100 thread: Mon 7/22 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 100 thread: Mon 7/22 at Pirates

This topic contains 77 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BrockLou 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thankfully, they got the sac fly. After the Munoz K I was worried they’d waste the runner on third with no out again.

Ravelo just misses a base hit foul. I wonder if anyone tracks it cause the Cards seem to have an inordinate amount of barely foul balls.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Finally, we get a runner to third with nobody out,, and he SCORES. But, Ravelo looks horrible up here. I’m a bit surprised that we pinch hit for DeLeon after three. We must want this game.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Probably figured PDL wouldn’t last the whole inning and it’s better for Wacha to start an inning. Plus maybe the PHer can help score with Wong on base, but having Ravelo on the bench seems like not having a bench player anyway.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Three times Frazier has walked.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

It looks like we might have bad Wacha tonight. He gave up a run on 23 pitches in the 4th. Bad Wacha paired with bad PDL is bad — frustrating. Seems like something a FO serious about winning needs to be working overtime to fix. Or just keep ripping through the pen and hoping.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Absolutely they need to look at a starter and another lefty for the pen. Another bat would be nice as well but the dynamic has changed now that the waiver deadline is no more and I could see John Boy being a little gun shy and doing what he does best and just adding a middling bullpen arm because he doesn’t want to spend the prospects or money to get the job done.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It appears that after the outburst against the Reds Friday they’ve fallen back into the pattern of feast or famine offense. That’s smells like a losing recipe in Pittsburgh. We shall see.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Leaving Webb in to face another righty is playing with fire but Webb gets the 1,2,3.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Christ Goldschmidt!!!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Oh another slider out of the zone that our hitters can’t lay off. lol

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

28 strikeouts for cardinal hitters in last 2 games

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Some excellent relief pitching this evening – on both sides.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

FWIW, I entered the above before Brebbia was pulled after an infield hit for Shreve. Not who you want in there with the game on the line.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, I sold Shreve short as he fanned Reynolds after a HBP to send the game into extra innings.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Shreve gets 3 strikes in a row after he beats the dirt to death in front of the plate!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt finally delivers with guys on base. A grand slam is always nice in extra innings.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

How much money could you have made betting on Chasen Shreve to bat in extra innings? And draw a walk?

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Okay, no more Shreve after he gives up a rope to Marte for a double. Shildt ain’t skeered though, he’s going with his guy for another one.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by EuroWolf EuroWolf.
    EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Now another double. Shreve is fooling nobody. Will Shildt wake up?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You can’t trust Shreve here. I can’t really believe they would have kept him in anyway.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Close, but no cigar yet once again. Called this one 6-4 Birds and she finishes 6-2 Birds. My apologies to the board…….may God be my judge I’ll get it right yet! Go Goldy!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Shildt should be fired if they lose this game. Just like that it’s a one-run game and nobody out.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos immediately coughs up a homer and a single and the Pirates could well steal this. I think you may need to go with Gallegos or trade for a guy who can close here soon.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Dejong with the error. It feels nearly inevitable that they’ll blow this.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What in Sam Hill is going on!!!! I thought this baby was in the books. How in blazes do you cough up a 4 run advantage in the 10th?? ANSWER: Send Shreve out to fondle the rosin.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years