StL 2019 Game 100 thread: Mon 7/22 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 100 thread: Mon 7/22 at Pirates

This topic contains 77 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BrockLou 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m. RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon (1-0, 2.80) vs. RHP Trevor Williams (3-3, 5.17) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Williams has been pretty bad since his last start against the Cards back in May. Hopefully he will continue to be bad tonight and Ponce can pitch better than his last start. My worry is that his minor league track record is coming back to roost. I’ll say the Cards bats come alive to back another shaky Ponce outing, 8-6. Goldy hits a homer and a double, Tyler O’Neill smacks a dinger too.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ll be tuned in tonight. Then after the Cards/Pirates game i’ll be tuned in to the Cubs game out in San Francisco.

And since we are in Pittsburgh for a four game series, what’s the over/under that at least one of these games sees a rain delay?

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here in northwest PA, we have some rain this morning and early afternoon, followed by a rarity…three sunny days in a row. So I would guess they shouldn’t have any issues with delays in this series. In fact, the weather looks fantastic…in the 70s even after the scorching weekend we just had.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am guessing most Cardinal fans would like to see a platoon of Edman/Munoz at 3B the rest of the season with Carp a bat off of the bench. Probably won’t happen though.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stl25…. I live north of NYC and the heat/humidity here was brutal over the weekend also. I guess I-80 divides N and S in PA. I made plenty of trips out to Clarion and the waste-to-energy plant there. Not too bad a place. College-town atmosphere and the people were super nice, good food also. Compared to the other plants I’ve been to in the coal burning areas in central PA, the northwest section was a mecca for us. Big Bucco/Steeler country.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nyquist…I went to college in Clarion. At the time it wasn’t my favorite place but it has grown on me since I left and I do quite a bit of hiking and camping in Cook Forest now. I live about an hour and a half north of there, right on the PA-NY border. Lots of woods, oil wells and farms. If you don’t work in one of those there’s not a lot else to do. It’s funny how just that short distance puts you in classic coal country.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Want to keep Muñoz’ bat in the lineup. I would’ve guessed Fowler in CF though. I don’t remember him playing CF when Fowler was also in the game, but maybe so. Wonder about his gap coverage compared to Fowler, or even Edman. I think they tried Muñoz in CF a few times before with shaky results.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz won’t embarrass you at any of his 7 playable positions. He won’t win you any GG’S either, but that stick of his, especially in this offensively challenged lineup, has to be treasured. You must flip flop Munoz and Dexter in the order. Munoz, Edman and O’Neill need to play almost every day. I like our Birds to clip these Bucs this evening 6-4 with Edman registering 3 hits and O’Neill finding the upper reaches of the outfield rafters. What’s for din-din you may ask? How does the Red Snapper Livornese with some steamed broccoli, garlic buttered red potatoes and choc. peanut butter Breyers ice cream. Ice water and a nip of vino for drinks.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Could be a circus in the of tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs? That sounds like a really yummy din-din. I had a couple of center cut rib chops, mashed potatoes/gravy, strawberries, and a Klondike bar for lunch. Around the 3rd inning tonight I am going to have a couple of cheeseburgers on the grill, a piece of choc cake, and a Hershey’s choc bar with almonds and some peanut butter. Then a cigar to finish off the game. Then later tonight during the Cubs/Giants game I will have cigar #2.

Sure would be nice to get Goldfinger off the schneid and get a hit or two.

r/Esteemed Rat

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt actually has good numbers against Williams. Looks like we could have a lot of hitting tonight. Go Cardinals!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Afraid I’m going to have to catch up with things in the morning. Just can’t stay up for these night games, but I’m hoping these kids will start my day with a smile tomorrow.

Went the simple route for dins tonight. Just a spinach and cheese quiche with a garden salad. No desert. I asked wifey if she would make me a rhubarb pie. She merely pointed to my formerly 32-inch, now 34-inch waistline and wordlessly shook her head.

Rah Cardinals.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I have feeling we’ll see Wacha tonight and maybe earlier than we want.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce squirmed out of that first inning jam…but he threw a ton of pitches. He will need to be more judicious going forward or the pen is going to get taxed even more.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like your thinking, Wooster! I never figured Goldschmidt for a bust, but a Bust with a capital “B” he unfortunately has been. It’s truly amazing that we’ve been able to keep our heads above water with the starting pitching being a bit of a disappointment, Hicks and Yadi being in the infirmary and Carpenter and Goldschmidt not hitting a lick. We’re darn fortunate not to be 15 games off the pace right now.

Darn scrumptious viddles there Rat, but I’ve had to make some adjustments in my eating game……mainly getting farther off the plate. I have dropped 40+ lbs. since having lunch with BicycleMike in Denver last summer. If any of you get up near Denver, you most definitely want to meet up with BicycleMike……great guy!! CardinalinFrance with only a 34 inch waistline! I think I was 12 the last time I checked in with a 34 inch waist. Go Birds!

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

No score through 2, but PDL will be lucky to last 4 at this rate.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wieters hits is third solo HR since the break. Right?

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Yep. Wieters is 7 of 20 since the break with 3 HR and 3 RBI (all solo shots, for his only RBIs).

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

It’s a good thing Wieters’ bunt went just foul. Cards up 1-0 and now Edman singles with one out in the 3rd.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Most Cardinal pitchers the past 3 plus years would’ve airmailed that into center. Ponce gets a double play.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

They need to get the bullpen up and stirring.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

The starting pitchers are going to kill the bullpen, flaherty can’t get to the 5th yesterday and it will be a miracle if PDL can tonight….that’s a real problem on back to back days

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Wieters drives in his 2nd run with a sac fly. PDL done after 3 innings with Revelo PHing for him.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years