Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

This topic contains 58 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I probably don’t say this is a often as I should but thanks for all of the content. This site is second to none when it comes to providing information about every aspect of the organization. We may not always agree about certain things but there is a reason I am a member here.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Much appreciated. If we all agreed about everything, it would be a boring place. Intelligent discussion is the target.

Thank you for your business!

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Just curious Brian, your new roster matrix lists 20 new international signings, but your 30 new organizational players lists only 14. What am I missing?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The focus of the article is those signed since the end of the 2018 season. That included 14 international players. The other 10 internationals had been signed earlier – between July 2nd and then.

Total international sign since July 2nd = 24
    Of those, four began play right away in 2018
    The remaining 20 are on the matrix as 2019 signs

Hope that clears it up, but if not, ask more.

cannon315
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for this detailed update as it’s very helpful to us ‘newbies’. Much appreciated and gives me something up to the minute to go by when down at Spring Training next week.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are welcome, cannon315!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Not sure if you’ve seen this, Brian, but the Cardinals have singed an 18 year old RHP from Colombia, William Miranda.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks, I will add him.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I missed this, but when did Starlin Balbuena move to pitching?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I believe Balbuena switched last Spring

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Thanks Brian, that clears it up. I thought it had to be something like that.

BHC Balbuena moved to the mound last season. He only pitched one inning rather unsuccessfully at that.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Peoria has a preliminary roster for opening day. Gorman is returning and Ivan Herrera gets a promotion to full season.

https://www.milb.com/peoria/news/gorman-perez-headline-chiefs-preliminary-roster/c-305811146

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BH…. thanks for passing that along. Do I count seven starters and 6 relievers?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’d say 6 starters and 7 relievers.

Starters:
    Cole Aker
    Franyel Casadilla
    Diego Cordero
    Alvaro Seijas
    Dionis Zamora
    Tommy Parsons

Relievers:
    Jacob Schlesener
    Freddy Pacheco
    Fabian Blanco
    Noel De Jesus
    Edgar Escobar
    Chris Hunt
    Sebastian Tabata

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If TCN subscribers did not stop by the Members Forum this weekend, you missed out on early roster info for all four full-season affiliates and a lot more news. (Well, actually, it is all still there!)

Derek Shore’s report from Springfield Media Day will be posted later this afternoon for all readers.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The pitching might be average-ish, but the offense could be quite good for Springfield. It would be nice to see Montero and Carlson turn it on in the hitter-friendly league.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The bullpen should be better, which was a major problem in 2018. Almost all of the offense is new to the level so it will worth watching how quickly they can adapt to the higher league.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Ellis dfa’d by the royals. Probably back in 7 days. From there the dominoes will fall.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Make sure you check the TCN team roster pages to get the latest on who is where. The Roster Matrix will be updated when I figure out where everyone is.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The reason for the 26 guys listed on the above link I shared was because Dennis Ortiz is on the IL.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, is there a way we can sort the rosters by position instead of by last name?

Sometimes it is handy to look at pitchers, catchers, infielders, and outfielders to see who is in each group.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years