Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

This topic contains 58 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    jlshetler
    Participant

Free

(1) Will the new Roster Matrices still include links at the top to the team rosters like the old ones did, or is that replaced in the new format?

(2) Do we know when Alex Gallegos went onto the GCL 60-Day DL?

I like the new format, Brian!

-Joe

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, I need to add to the Roster Matrix the team roster pages links for the new rosters here at the new TCN. I still have some final cleanup to do on the team rosters. In the meantime, the team roster pages are bookmarked in the same place as the Roster Matrix, in the first menu item in the left column, ROSTERS/PLAYERS/MOVES.

Gallegos was injured when signed so was never active. Basically he was on the 60-day DL from the start.

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Thanks, Brian.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some impressive pitching performances last night:
    For State College, Colton Thomson in relief of Paul Balestrieri pitched 3.0inn. although he gave up 2 runs he did strike out 8.
    For Johnson City, Jacob Schlesener, in his 2nd start, 5.0inn 2R 2H 4 BB and 9 strike outs.
    For GC-Cards, Rowan Wick rehabbing 1.0inn and 3Ks. 3 up 3 down. It’ll be good to see him at Memphis again.

And it’ll will be good to see some replies on this Topic…. there’s a lot going on down on the farm teams. I used to hate the All-Star break, but now I also follow the whole organization and it’s not so bad anymore. Actually keeping up with the prospects can be entertaining and watching who’s hot and who’s not is very interesting. Some prospects are having great seasons and will be changing their rankings to the positive side.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT, I started a thread called “Affiliate observations” like you had on the old board, which is the ideal place for these discussions. It is on the front page partway down. Prefer to keep this thread specifically about the Roster Matrix. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rowan Wick is still listed at AAA.I thought SD claimed him.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bw52, which version of the Matrix are you looking at? It must be an old one. I always put bold warnings at the top to point out the out of date ones. Wick is not on the Spring training 2018 matrix I posted today. I had also removed him from the prior, off-season one when he was claimed by San Diego.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Aha, I get it now. You were not talking about the Matrix. You meant Wick’s player page on the Memphis roster. I had noted on his page that he had been claimed by San Diego, but had forgotten to remove his team designation. That is now corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

According to Baseball America the Cards signed minor league free agent pitchers Joe Colon and Mitchell Osniwitz the week of Feb 16-22, and they are not on the roster matrix. Colon is probably 3A and the Osniwitz probably High A.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

flood21, there is a subscriber article about the two posted on the front page. I will put them on the Matrix in a day or two.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Time for a refresh, with a lot more moves coming.

St. Louis Cardinals Organization Roster Matrix: 2018-2019 Off-Season

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Francisco Pena elected free agency.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I still give even odds that Pena ends up.back in the organzation next year.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Did I miss something? Why is Elniery Garcia listed in the Springfield roster but also listed as a MiLB free agent in the Matrix?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just an oversight which had been corrected once previously, but was erased when the site was backed up to 11/10 level. I simply forgot to re-do it.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the clarification.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cardinals have re-signed Francisco Pena to a minor league contract with an NRI to Spring Training.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, are you sure about that? I think MLB.com has listed Pena’s prior deal on December 8, 2018, as well as its real date of December 8, 2017.

It isn’t December 8, 2018 yet and in all my years doing this, I’ve never seen a future transaction posted like that. I am pretty sure what you are seeing (if MLB is your source) is a long-standing mistake. But if Pena’s return effective a week from now has been reported elsewhere, please call it out. I guess there can be a first time for anything.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/index.jsp?c_id=stl&year=2018&month=12#month=12&year=2018&team_id=138

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ESPN has reported that Pena was signed to a minor-league contract.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Just as I predicted when Pens was released

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Rotoworld is reporting Pena has resigned with the Cardinals as well. So, I’m not sure what’s going on.

Brian, there is a small difference in the transaction history from 2017 and 2018. The 2017 signing doesn’t indicate the Cardinals invited him to Spring Training.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Like I said… (I’ve also reached out to friends at ESPN and Rotoworld to give them the heads up. Pretty clear they were going off MLB.)

St. Louis Cardinals Have NOT Re-Signed Catcher Francisco Peña

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Thanks for looking into this. Its annoying how inaccurate MLB and MiLB are sometimes.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years