MLB.TV and MiLB.TV 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB.TV and MiLB.TV 2019

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 16 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I just received this email. Thought I would share it. For out-of-market access to games, this is a must.

Dear 2018 MLB.TV® Yearly subscriber,

MLB.TV is back in time for Spring Training. The first game will be streamed on or about February 22, 2019. We are pleased to notify you of the annual automatic renewal of your MLB.TV Yearly subscription for 2019. Your subscription is priced at the full 2019 yearly price – only $118.99 and includes all the great features from last year PLUS new features for the 2019 season. Enjoy full portability to supported connected devices and supported mobile devices with a free subscription to MLB At Bat Premium* (the #1 selling sports app in the Apple Store – $19.99 value) for the 2019 season. For a full list of supported devices, click here.

Watch almost 300 Spring Training games (with no blackout restrictions) and all 2,430 regular season MLB games online or on your favorite supported smartphones, tablets and connected devices (subject to blackout restrictions). PLUS, authenticated subscribers will also be able to live stream each game of the 2019 World Series as well as the 90th All-Star Game on supported devices.

New 2019 MLB.TV Features
    • New Catch Up feature to be released across multiple supported platforms. Watch the key plays you missed in a fraction of the time and then join the game live.
    • Exclusive highlight features before, during and after the game.
    • Exclusive audio channels for supported devices.
    • New features will be added throughout the season.
    2019 MLB.TV Features
    • Home or Away Feeds: Watch either the home or away teams’ broadcasts.
    • Best picture quality (60fps): Supported devices delivering 60fps live video streaming for MLB.TV subscribers including iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S+, iPad, Apple TV, Chromecast™, PlayStation® 4, Roku®, Xbox® One and the web.
    • HD Picture: Speed detection technology delivers high definition video on any size screen during the MLB regular season (sufficient bandwidth required).
    • Live Game DVR Functionality: Pause and rewind live games. Jump back to create your own instant replay.
    • Connected devices: Favorite team view and box score overlay on supported connected devices.
    • Catch Up feature for Apple TV (4th Generation and above): Watch the key plays you missed in a fraction of the time and then join the game Live.
    • Pitch by Pitch Tracking: Track the location, type and speed of every pitch.
    • Clickable Linescores: Go directly to any half inning of a game.
    • Click here to see a full list of features.
    * Simply download the free MLB At Bat app to your supported smartphone or tablet and log-in with your MLB.TV username and password to access live and on-demand baseball.

There is no action required for you to continue your MLB.TV Yearly subscription. The payment card you have on file with us will be charged $118.99 on or about February 28, 2019. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 at the then-current year’s regular full yearly price. To ensure uninterrupted access to your MLB.TV subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in your MLB.com Payment Profile. To update or confirm your payment card information, simply click here.

If you would like to cancel your subscription, simply click here to get started. You will receive an e-mail confirmation to the e-mail address associated with your account. You can also cancel by e-mailing us at subscriptionrenewal@website.mlb.com. If you cancel your automatic renewal prior to billing, you will not be billed.

If you have any questions about your subscription, please e-mail Customer Service at subscriptions@website.mlb.com or call 866-800-1275 (International customers please call 512-434-1542).

Thank you. Enjoy the 2019 season.

MLB.com will collect sales tax on certain purchases as required by law (including any applicable VAT Tax). See the MLB.com Terms of Use for more information on our sales tax policy.

Blackout and other restrictions apply. Click here for details. Programming and blackout restrictions subject to change. High-speed internet access is required.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Yep, this package is a must! I’ll add something that might be worth a few of you to consider. I get the MLB Extra Innings Package through Verizon FIOS TV for $199 per year. Other carriers might offer something similar. With this, I get all MLB games live on HDTV via my FIOS box, and that’s the way I prefer to watch most games. MLB.TV is included as part of this package. The way I look at it is I get the FIOS TV package for $80 per year since I would buy the MLB.TV package anyway. I’m greedy, I like to get my games any way I want, depending on where I am or if I’m traveling.

So, if you’re not a full cord cutter and would like to have access both ways, you might see if your tv service provider offers something similar. It might help justify its worth to you, or better yet, might prevent you from making a double purchase of MLB.TV.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Been with MLB.tv since the first year and found it to be the best purchase

I do get annoyed at the repetitive advertising for bad products and companies between innings (which i dont get because you have severely captive audience which i would think BIG companies and products would want to utilize..but whatever)

An occasional hiccup in the stream etc. but I have never missed a game i wanted to watch on MLB.tv

they have upped the price a bit over time but they have added features along the way.

I often watch on my Apple TV the Cardinals game side by side on screen with the Reds game (for my partner) and it has been great not having to make a decision on who gets to watch on the TV vs the computer.

I have to say MLB.tv has changed everything when it comes to watching baseball for me. I highly recommend it to anyone out of market.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would subscribe to MLB.tv except they have some stringent blackout rules. I live six hours away from St. Louis yet I can’t get any Cardinal games on MLB.tv because they are blacked out. That makes no sense to me. Fortunately my local cable provider carries most of the FSM games.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The blackout rules have been a problem for years. Every now and then, I trot out a Bud Selig quote from 2006 in which he pledged to fix it.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Will it be on the mlb at bat app? I paid $90 for the year (cards only). I can’t get fox Midwest and have no tv.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I thought the At Bat app is not for live games, but highlights, expanded stats and the like, unless you have MLB.TV already. But it only costs $20 for the season. Maybe we are talking about different products.

https://www.mlb.com/apps/atbat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The At Bat app is where you watch the games on mobile, which is the MLB.tv service.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Yes I have mlb at bat, with the addition of mlb tv, which I watch on At Bat. But often I found last year that preseason games would be on cable tv and not picked up by MLB at bat, and I missed out. Worked fine in-season.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

You can also stream to almost all streaming devices through the at Bat app. That is what I use because for some reason the fire tv app for me works like crap. Chromecast never have an issue.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Got it, but you can also buy the At Bat app without an MLB.TV subscription. With the latter, the former is free. It wasn’t clear from the initial post which way he was going. There were live games on yesterday, which is why I suggested folks test out their setup ahead of the Cardinals opener. Bottom line, I hope you get to see the game, but I do not know for sure.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The $20 version allows you to listen to the radio broadcasts, get the better Gameday features and watch the Game of the Day. So while a few games would be on there, the chances of it being a Cardinals game would be relatively low, maybe a couple of games per month.

The $90 Cardinals only package would be for all their games that aren’t blacked out, so I’d assume it will be on for you, Socal, unless it’s not on MLB.tv at all.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am hoping T-Mobile offers the free mlb.tv package again this year, which happens towards the end of ST.

It is definitely a must have for fans out of the area. But the blackout rules are annoying, as I would also watch a lot of Rockies’ games if they were available. Also we would get the NHL package, but with no Avalanche games it makes no sense to get it. That is one area that cable still has a hold on.

But cable’s time is limited as far as the traditional business model. It is not too far away that all pay television will be streamed, and local sports teams will be available that way for a fee, with free television still transmitted over-the-air from local broadcasters.

The public has wanted a-la-carte channels since cable first became big in the late ‘70s, and the streaming services give you that.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gameday seems to freeze up. Has anyone else had that problem? It could be my internet though. Enhanced Gameday is my choice. And MILB TV is very cool to have, as I watched Alex Reyes rehab a couple times last year.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

White Beard
    Participant

Free

I haven’t had any problems watching MiLB games in HD quality on my TV through my Xbox — use the Microsoft Edge app.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, White Beard. Thanks for the tip! How did you learn that? I can find no reference to Xbox support in MiLB’s FAQs. (I don’t have Xbox. I use Roku, which is definitely not supported.)

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will try the Micro Edge. On my Spectrum package through Chrome the Springfield telecasts are almost unwatchable because of the constant freezing.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I noticed that the milb app on my tablet (Nougat updated) wouldn’t work so even though I’ve given thought to subscribing before, I’m glad I didn’t. My phone is able to use it but I notice that even Gameday is sent to Chrome now, which an annoying extra step.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sooner, tell me a little more about your Spectrum package. What is it, please?

stlcard25, don’t get me going about GameDay. What a pig. I go to ESPN now for MLB box scores. I just cannot deal with the frustration.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MLB app is no longer supported on my Sony BluRay. It actually forced me to uninstall the app.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

A couple of questions:

1 – Does MiLB.tv use the same log-in credentials as MLB.tv?

2 – If so, is there ever a “free day” on MiLB.tv to entice new customers to make the purchase. I like MLB.tv and was thinking of adding MiLB.tv, but am wary of doing so given the comments in this thread.

Edited to add: I think the answer to #1 is no after just checking. Regardless, I’d still like to know if someone has an answer to #2. MLB.tv occasionally has a free game.

• This reply was modified 19 hours, 27 minutes ago by EuroWolf EuroWolf.
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Euro:

1) Yes, I believe so, but of course you subscribe to them separately.

2) I am not aware of free days. MLB.TV always has a free game of the day, but I do not recall any freebies on MiLB.TV.

Having said that, if you are fine watching games on a computer or a current iOS or Android device, I still recommend it. After all, it is the only game in town.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years