MLB playoff thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB playoff thread

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With a bad back, playing in the field might not be ideal. If the Dodgers eat much of his salary, Gonzalez would probably be best to finish as a DH for an AL team.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

From what I’ve read about Gonzalez’s injury it sounds rather debilitating. I’d be surprised if he ever plays again. It is odd though that he would go to Europe as his teammates are fighting for a World Series. It is just downright disrespectful actually.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Per Richard Justice of MLB.com:

Game 1 winner has won World Series 70 of 112 Times (62.5%). Done it 12 of last 14 and 17 of last 20.

Unfortunately the Game 1 winner didn’t win last year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Trivia: How many remember that tonight’s starter for the Dodgers, Rich Hill, pitched in 23 games for Memphis over the first three months of the 2010 season before opting out of his contract?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cool factoid from Baseball Reference:

It’s the first WS game with both cleanup hitters under age-24 since 1938, when a 23-yo Joe DiMaggio & a 22-yo Phil Cavarretta both hit 4th.

Makes me wonder which roster the 2018 Cardinals clean-up hitter is currently on.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

In 11 innings the Astros win 7-6 to tie up the series at 1 game apiece…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What a final four innings! Back and forth like two matched boxers.

NJ315
    Participant

Girardi out as Yankees manager.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Trivia: How many remember that tonight’s starter for the Dodgers, Rich Hill, pitched in 23 games for Memphis over the first three months of the 2010 season before opting out of his contract?

I remember that we signed Hill, and he did not stay with us very long. I wondered if we gave up on him, or what happened as at one time he was a decent pitcher with the Cubs. He’s done well with LA.

Wow, that was some game last night. You figure you get two like Houston did a couple of times, and you are going to win. They eventually prevailed, but the cool thing about baseball is there is no victory formation. You gotta play it straight up until the final out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now tied at 2-2, the World Series has been reduced to a best of three.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I hope folks are watching this Series. One of the most entertaining in some time.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, this game is something else, just like the other games. Springer just made a critical error in the 7th to allow the Dodgers to take a 1-run lead. How many outs will Roberts call on Jansen to get tonight. He’s already bringing Morrow in for the 7th and he previously said he would be unavailable.

Wow, as I was typing that, Springer just blasted Morrow’s first pitch to tie the game. Gotta feel good for him to atone for his mistake in CF. Unbelievable. I really need to go to bed (East coast) but I don’t think I will!

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Score is now 12-9 Astros in the top of the 9th…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Stros pen needs to be executed.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Bottom of the 10th now, tied 12-12…crazy…I just want this series to get over so that we can see if the Cards front office will actually improve the team or just fill the holes and call it good…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Astros win 13-12 to take a 3-2 series lead and can win it all Tuesday night…

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad we don’t have to play in that stadium every year any more.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nothing like a 5 hour world series game. These games need to start sooner.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Dan Haten’s tweet said it all: juiced balls

I wonder how many people stayed up watching?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This Series is something else. If it goes 7, and their is at least one more close or extra inning contest, it might go down as one of the greatest World Series ever.

While watching I am almost thankful the Cardinals are not one of these teams. I don’t think I could take it! 🙂

The Dodgers were in great shape with a 4-run lead and Kershaw on the hill. Now it looks like Houston should close it out with Verlander in game six. But with this series, who knows. I am really enjoying it.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if at least some of these great ws games were played in daylight? I know, I know, the principal raison d’etre for mlb is to rake in the maximum money from the maximum number of sources, but still… Ever since I played my first game in Little League there has been a indelible connection between baseball and sunshine and outdoors. It’s such a tradition-bound sport you would think the Saturday afternoon ball game would endure. Alas, some dreams must die.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, Cardinal in France. I agree with everything you said.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I generally root for the NL team so I guess my preference would be for the Dodgers to win. The only exception to this maxim was in 2016.

PadsFS
    Participant

Houston used to be in the NL!

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.