MLB announces pace of play changes

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB announces pace of play changes

Viewing 16 posts - 151 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

I started seeing posts referring to a pick off rule change. Where can I find this. I went through this entire thread (2020) and haven’t seen any description of the rule yet.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

MM3, you need to open the Baseball America tweet Brian posted, then the pickoff article is linked there.

I’ll put the link here (link) for convenience.

Participant

Free

Thanks ED for that link. I never saw that one coming but my initial impression is that there has been too much tinkering with the game lately. I am happy to see that this rule will probably only be in the low minors for now. But, it hardly seems a move to speed up the game at all. Instead it just jacks up the action a bit. I am one who thinks pitchers have too many rules put on them but whom am I to complain. Thanks again.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t see this as a pace of play thing far as time goes. But part of the issue with some people has always been that baseball is too slow and doesn’t have enough action for the people taking meds out there. so the thinking is more action will mean more viewers even if the games are longer because of it. Kind of a throw everything but the kitchen sink at the problem method when included with other stuff they are doing. Like I said, I don’t mind it with this rule cause I feel lefties have always had way too much of an advantage. I also love base stealing and taking extra bases even if a team is doing it to the cardinals. Its a lot more fun to watch that than see guys staying put and waiting for the big hit.

Participant

Free

So when this comes into effect MLB will need to put an asterisk next to all the new base stealing records to indicate it was AC – after change.

Participant

Free

Along with enforcing the step-out-of-the-box rule wouldn’t it be great for pace of play if they outlawed unsticking and resticking the velcro on batting gloves between each pitch?

Participant

Paid - Annual

TV is one of the reasons the game has slowed down. A lot of time devoted to commercials.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Manfred’s top deputy is leaving MLB. Among his accomplishments:

“He was a key figure in formulating MLB’s expansive postseason plan this year, and was instrumental in this year’s extra-inning rule to start the 10th inning with a runner on second base.”

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another innovative idea or blasphemy?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While I don’t know if I like it after 9 innings, perhaps after 11 it would be a fine way to end the game. It’s not all that different than a hockey shootout.

Participant

Free

I come down on the blasphemy side.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like garbage to me. I would take the runner on second before that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea I think that homerun derby thing is beyond stupid. How about we just play it straight.

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

Need a change for sure. Not in the game rules but in Commissioners.

Participant

Free

The home run derby to decide a game should NEVER come to the majors. That is beyond stupid.

Participant

Paid - Annual

They need to have something like the windmill hole in put put golf.

Viewing 16 posts - 151 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years