Minor League Game Thread – Week of May 24-30

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of May 24-30

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tuesday’s minor league starters:

Memphis: RHP Jake Woodford (0-0, 6.00) vs. Iowa (CHC)

Springfield: RHP Edgar Escobar (2-1, 5.47) at Tulsa (LAD)

Peoria: RHP Logan Gragg (1-4, 5.23) vs. Lake County (CLE)

Palm Beach: RHP Trent Baker (2-4, 2.72) at Daytona (CIN)

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting stat of the day. Peoria pitchers retired 28 consecutive batters. Peoria still lost 6-4 though.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Two very interesting pitchers going today…. Mills and Hence. Keep an eye on both of these young guys.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Love the summaries and probables. Would like to see names added to pictures. Thanks Brian.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are welcome. If you notice the (p) behind one of the pitcher’s names on the probables list, that is who the photo is of. As in (pictured) but Twitter has a character limitation so I have to abbreviate to make it all fit.

For the Tweets of the Notebooks with the game recaps, the lead photo is always of the Player of the Day. All photos in the Notebooks themselves are identified by name.

The same probable pitchers info for the next day is in the daily Notebooks. I just pull it out to make it easier for those who don’t read the details.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McGreevy’s Springfield debut wasn’t so hot. He allowed 10 hits, 6 earned runs, 2 walks, 2 Ks and 3 HR allowed. He’ll get his feet under him eventually.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seemed only a matter of time before Zeuch was cut. As mentioned previously, he raised the entire Memphis team’s ERA by .6 runs alone. I wish him well in his future endeavors, likely outside baseball. The guy is a top talent in the game even if he wasn’t able to make it to the big leagues and stay.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess Delvin Perez is now a utility guy defensively. That is good but it still appears he won’t hit enough to make it to the big leagues. It is very doubtful he will receive a 40 man spot this year so he could very well be in a different organization next season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Those ERAs are scarey.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Updates: Angel Rondon for Mem. Inohan Paniagua for PB.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Burleson, Donovan and Gorman, Dickerson has to be feeling like he’s gotta pick it right up or he’s gonna be hitting the road.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

What happened to Oviedo? He looked great at times last year.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Watching the Springfield game tonight and have been amazed by the arm of Masyn Winn! He has made some great throws from short. I knew he was also a pitcher but he showed me something tonight! Hit well tonight, too! (3 for 5 in the top of the ninth with two doubles!)

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Winn is too good to be only 20 years old. He’s a kid that can truly live up to his billing. ETA… the sooner the better.

With McGreevy Graceffo (+ Loutos) moving up to Springfield, there is a huge strain on the Chief’s bullpen. The addition of Dalatri and Granillo from PB is providing some relief.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.